Thread: EM6910 pump pressure

EM6910 pump pressure

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am having issues with my pressure on my machine. It can get good pressure and also good coffee most of the time. However, mostly the pressure does not sound consistent. The needle moves up and down (if you know what I mean)
    Like it is struggling to maintain the desired pressure.

I clean and descale as required. Back flush and I have also changed filter and seals. It was happening before and still occurring.

Help please.

Lee
    Last edited by Javaphile; 21st May 2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Change 6810 to 6910

Actually it is EM6910 I cannot edit the topic on the app!

I've noticed that if I'm at the lower end of the optimal dose I the needle bumps around on mine. Try adding another gram or two of coffee. You'll also likely not have to lock the collar in as far (for me, the correct dose only needs to be locked in at about 5:30).

I am overdosing already could it also work the other way around? I still
    Get a good shot but I can't imagine the inconsistent pressure helps much? Yours come out ok when like that?

Cheers man.

How many grams are you putting in and how far from the top of the basket are you filling to?

I'm dosing 21g and it's about 2mm from the top after a light first tamp and a slightly heavier second. The gauge barely moves once it's up to pressure.

I had a 6910 that was doing exactly the same thing; ie comes up to pressure then the pump would back off and fluctuate. I couldn't work it out until I went to sell the thing and during its final clean I discovered the problem. Behind the stainless shower screen the group head had completely rusted through and was back pressuring the pump through a 5 square mm hole! So my first step would be to take the shower screen and group gasket out and check the cheap metal behind the shower screen. Unfortunately, my 6910 made good coffee but out of direct view, they are cheap sh*t.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

I will have a look thanks. Will let you know.

I hope Im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeBloke View Post
    I had a 6910 that was doing exactly the same thing; ie comes up to pressure then the pump would back off and fluctuate. I couldn't work it out until I went to sell the thing and during its final clean I discovered the problem. Behind the stainless shower screen the group head had completely rusted through and was back pressuring the pump through a 5 square mm hole! So my first step would be to take the shower screen and group gasket out and check the cheap metal behind the shower screen. Unfortunately, my 6910 made good coffee but out of direct view, they are cheap sh*t.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
    Are you sure that's not meant to be there? Mine has it too and it looks like an intentionally casted hole. There's a break in some casting patterns just before and after it that are too neat to be rusted.

I'm pretty sure the only hole that should be there is the water inlet in the middle but I could be wrong. Never noticed the hole in mine before it started having issues.

Might it be for pressure release that occurs when you hit the button for end-of-pour?

Maybe. We need a sunbeam expert I think! Check with their service dept before you bin it!

I have been told on good authority that the hole IS supposed to be there. Sorry for the misleading comments. Hope you get yours sorted out. For me it was a good excuse to get something rediculous. Good coffee is a requirement!