Thread: upgradeitis

upgradeitis

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

So I have contracted the upgradeitis bug and I was looking at purchasing a machine. I would prefer one with good steam capability. Also I don't really have much kitchen space. What would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance for your help

Paul

Hi Paul,

There are many machines available, if you could give a price range and how often you intend on using the machine and how many coffees you make. All that said, if you give a price range i woudl factor in a grinder which would be suitable to go with the machine. A grinder can be as important if not more important that the machine its self in some cases.

Kind regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

So I would be spending around anywhere between $500-800 for the machine. See the problem is, I bought a compak K6 which didnt really fit in my kitchen... so technically I do have a grinder but not? If you know what I mean...

So the machine at our house goes through about 4-5 coffees a day? I've pretty much got the whole family drinking coffee hahaha

Althought the compak K6 is a big grinder i must say you wont need to upgrade, you may need to down size though I have the K3 which i find is good. As for a machine i personally dont think you can go past a Silva or even the Lelit range. Most well within your limit. If you were to also look at secondhand machines you might be able to pick yourself up something worth while also.

Its good to get everyone in the house drinking coffee....

Chris

Yeahhh hopefully I can get it sold to get a smaller sized one...I was actually thinking of getting a well looked after second-hand machine. Do you know of any that might fit under the price bracket that would be suited to what I described earlier?

Paul

Nuova-Simonelli Oscars usually sell second hand for under a grand! And they have a heat exchanger so you can steam and pull shots at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by mwcalder05 View Post
    Nuova-Simonelli Oscars usually sell second hand for under a grand! And they have a heat exchanger so you can steam and pull shots at the same time
    How is the steam capabilities for the NS Oscars? They don't have the turning knobs for pressure control through...