Thread: New Toy

New Toy

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just got home from Harvey Norman with a brand new Sunbeam EM6910 which also came with the EM0440 grinder (which I'm going to sell because I'm happy with the EM0480 that I already have). Picked it up for $548 which I thought was pretty reasonable.
    I know it's only a low level machine but it will do me for the time being. I was given an EM4800 a few months ago which is what got me interested in making my own espressos etc. but have been having quite a few issues with it, so when I saw this one for $548, I figured it was as good a time as any to buy something that wasn't already worn out.
    Now I'm off to practice

Rbn
    And from my local retailer, you are very right to keep your EM0480 - The EM0440 has been very problematic for them. A lot have been returned. Both the ones that came bundled with the EM6910, and the stand alone units.

And so it begins...

I'm quite happy with my EM6910; it produces good coffee with minimum fuss. I had more trouble with my EM0480 grinder but once that was sorted and I learned a few things on here I produce well rounded flavour that makes a very drinkable coffee, better than most cafés I've been to.

Once you get it all bedded in and reach consistent pours, something to think about is VST filter baskets and a naked portafilter. They improve the result markedly.

I'm a bit hyped at the moment
    Made about 5 coffees after this post last night :P
    Then because I didn't get a lot if sleep, I've already had 3 this morning. Better slow down a bit I think

Who needs sleep when you are making good coffee?

Barry

You make a sound argument there Barry