Thread: Going Fully Automatic for the Office....Any Suggestions?

Going Fully Automatic for the Office....Any Suggestions?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Since 2007 I have focused all my energies on managing the perfect brew with my next home machine likely to be a Wega or Rocket but in the office a different solution is required for easy of use by staff and less mess etc.

Looking at the fully automatic market I have come to realise I have absolutely no idea. The market ranges from pods to fully automatic with many variations in between.

I'm looking for something suitable for an office of 5 with a few more to follow, fully automatic. A few years ago I tried an EM6910 in the office but staff just had no idea how to use it (even after I had tried training them ) and let's not talk about the attempted texturing, noise and the mess!

I want an auto machine with a perfect brew, and that can deal with milk as best as possible, espresso or flat white is all I need....... am I asking too much? I've been in a few new car sales lounges in recent times and have been turned off by them. Some are weak and too milky with some being a little better than average but luke warm.

Any suggestions on a suitable auto machine in the $500 - $2000 range would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I think when you are used to a real machine, you will always be slightly let down by an auto. I've had reasonable results out of the Saeco one touch or it's bigger brother the Saeco Aulika. The one thing that was noticeable was that the milk heated better than a lot of other autos. Just don't go in with high expectations.

The lukewarm milk problem is present in a lot of the machines. I've found the Jura machines that automatically texture the milk to be able to produce hot milk the best. Saeco are also pretty good. Delonghi not so much.

The good thing about the Jura, as well as some Saeco and others, auto milk system is that it's variable so that you can produce flat whites or cappuccinos, or just hot milk, without the need to change stuff around much. Some also have a separate milk feed, which can easily be extended and used in a large bottle of milk which would be ideal for a business. The problem that machines, like Delonghi for example, have is that their auto milk system is limited to the milk container supplied with the machine, that means someone needs to refill it more frequently.

Saeco automatics can make the best coffee i think, followed by Jura. It's not going to be exceptional coffee, but it's not bad. For a business environment it'd be fine.
    The best thing to do would be go to a retailer or coffee machine supplier and try out some machines, see which ones are the most user friendly and produce the best quality coffee and what you think would be suitable for your workplace.

What about the soon to be released breville bes980 oracle. the videos I saw of it on YouTube made it look like my 7 year old could use it and make reasonable coffee. I think it is going to babe priced in the 2 to 2.5 k range

Read about the Oracle (BES980) at:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...o-machine.html

I saw this machine demonstrated at the Aroma Festival at the Sydney Rocks in July. It looks to be an amazing machine.

It was promised by Breville that it would be on the market before Christmas.
    No resent news on the expected release date.

Barry

Thanks for the comments guys, I've just read through the BES980 thread and I'm nearly convinced to wait for it. I spent the afternoon looking at the super autos in a dept store and still had the phrase "second rate" in the back of my mind.

I think this breville is probably the closest or best thing for the office environment.

Thanks again

I could think of better machines to spend $2499 on than the Breville Oracle...however, convenience is a big selling point for it

Progress has been made, I've discovered ese pod machines. Whilst I would not have one of these guys at home, I think they're perfect for the office. Have looked at a couple up close and they're quite diverse in that the ese pod is universal, wrapped in paper and come in 7, 10 and 14 grams.....and they're not machine specific in that the pod toys on the market are shaped to only accept a specifically shaped therefore their limited range of blends

Obviously no substitute for the real deal but still exploring the office solution......

I haven't had any luck finding a basket which will take a 10 or 14g ese pod. 7g just don't produce enough coffee.