Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thundergod

Thread: Fracino Piccino

Fracino Piccino

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all, just new here, looked at the Fracino Piccino dual boiler machine today, it appears to be a very nice machine, any experience or recommendations, good or bad feedback.

Other machine of interest was the Lelit PL60T V2 however it is $400 more expensive which is a large portion of a grinder.

Looking at a Mahlkonig Vario grinder also appears to get good reviews.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers,

Coffee snobs I agree

New to forum first post and not one person with enough manners to reply.

I am also on several other forums 4wd, Motorsport etc and without fail people at least welcome newbies and respond to their first post even if just to say welcome and sorry I know nothing about what you are asking good luck, but not here

Sorry for the delayed welcome Coffeenewby

Welcome to Coffeesnobs!

I suspect the regulars were thrown by your question as Fracino machines are relatively rare in Australia - and a google search brings up one dealer in Qld who is not a sponsor, so the Coffeesnobs sponsors can't help.

As for your other suggested machine, the Lelit PL60T, you will find that a search of Coffeesnobs will reveal that those who have owned one hold them in high regard (myself included as a former owner).

Plus they are imported by Jetblack Espresso, who are great to deal with.

The Lelit also has PID control on the brew boiler, which means you get a very consistent temp each time and have the option of adjusting it to suit the particular roast you are using.

Regards

Sniff

I'm new here too, just started looking in preparation for my migration to Melbourne from London in feb. I've been active on coffee forums uk for about a year now.

Anyway franchino are really popular here in the uk, good mid range price and step up from the classic. However the picinio doesn't have as many fans as the heavenly or cherub because it has to be returned to manufacture to be de-scaled. That puts people off here so it should really put you off! I'm no expert though and haven't owned any of francino's machines.

Quote Originally Posted by davewilton View Post
    I'm new here too, just started looking in preparation for my migration to Melbourne from London in feb. I've been active on coffee forums uk for about a year now.

Anyway franchino are really popular here in the uk, good mid range price and step up from the classic. However the picinio doesn't have as many fans as the heavenly or cherub because it has to be returned to manufacture to be de-scaled. That puts people off here so it should really put you off! I'm no expert though and haven't owned any of francino's machines.
    Thanks Dave, that is the sort of feedback i need. It is very easy to see the good points during a demonstration, but it is the small things they fail to mention like needing to be returned for something as routine as descaling.

Good luck with your move to Melbourne, Feb will be quite hot by UK standards, Melbourne not as much as here in Queensland, but still leaving your winter to arrive in our summer.

once again thank you

Quote Originally Posted by coffeenewby View Post
    Coffee snobs I agree
    Then you proceed to preach about manners?

Great second post. Not. :thumbdown:
    kwantfm likes this.