Thread: First coffee machine

First coffee machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi there,

I'm looking at buying my first proper coffee machine. I drink about 3 coffees a day and they are always milk based. I only want to spend about $1300 on the grinder and the machine. I would want to use this machine for entertaining guest.

A company called coffee Italian suggested that I go for the quick mill eliane. I like the look of the machine but can't find much information on it.

Could someone please recommend a machine that will suit my needs.

Thanks in advance!

Where are you so people can suggest where you might want to go to have a look at machines.

I great place if you want to look at second hand, is in the sales on here, CS people tend to look after their machines.

I have seen people say you can get the Breville BES900 and grinder for $1200, it's not a bad place to start for your first machine, regardless of what the true snobs say you can still get a fairly decent coffee out of them

The QuickMill is $1200 just for the machine, you need a grinder too and that will set you back around $300 minimum.

Others to look at are the Lelit and Silvia. You could buy either of them and get a decent grinder as well.

Oh one last thing, you might want to buy from somewhere that you can at least see what you are buying in person before you part with your money...

I'm from Adelaide but there isn't a real good range of entry level machines here. Everyone sells the expobars and bazzera. I'm not that keen on getting a sunbeam or breville machine. I think their other appliances are great but not so keen on their coffee machines. Like I said cafe italia (Australian company)has a quick mill plus grinder for $1300. I like the look of the machine and the fact that it has a E61 brew group. My only concern is that I can't find any reviews on the model.

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by cupajoe View Post
    Like I said cafe italia (Australian company).....My only concern is that I can't find any reviews on the model.
    They're a drop ship website which supplies EU machines out of Europe with European warranty. There was an Australian importer of Quickmill in Melbourne, but they have ceased import of the brand.

My opinion is that if you would like a local warranty and support, you're better off choosing something from a local supplier. FWIW, we and most if not all other CS sponsors ship to Adelaide all the time. We also have warranty and service arrangements in place for Adelaide clients.

Ok well I won't be using them then!

Rio at Kent Town have a fairly good range of machines, I had a Sunbeam for a few years and bought a Giotto from them - they were helpful enough but are probably more focused on looking after cafés rather than individual punters. Simply Coffee on Rundle St Kent Town also have a few machines for sale too. They roast the best beans in Adelaide and are great people who know their stuff so definitely worth dropping in for a chat - or picking up some beans.