Thread: Breville BES900 Water Volume Issue

Breville BES900 Water Volume Issue

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Morning Everyone!

I've had my BDB 2 years now and have noticed that the water flow when I flush the group after brewing seems to be slowing down when I press and hold the 2 shot button to flush. This wouldn't normally bother me but it's starting to affect my shots now too!

Does anyone know what the standard water volume should be if you push out a manual shot with no coffee?

I use Brita filtered water and I regularly back flush with sani-caf and also take out the group filter to clean with sani-caf too so I'm not sure if it's a pump issue or scale issue.

Thanks for any Advice,

Mick

Mick,

That could be due to a bung Oring. Mine went after 1 year. Breville fixed it at their Ultimo outlet.

Barry

Thanks Barry, any idea what the standard water volume per second should be when doing a flush?

Just wanted to report back that Barry was right and the O-ring needed replacing.

Dropped the machine off in Ultimo last night and it's ready by midday the next day so superb service from Breville once again.

This is the second time the machine's been back in for repair in just over 2 years which is I guess a worry regarding longevity but I can't fault the service I've received. The machine is also out of warranty now but they advised that as it's a known issue there will be no charge so the upgradeitis will be kept in check until next time