Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 2,151 to 2,163 of 2163
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Breville BES920 Dual Boiler - Owners thread

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    I bought mine in 2014? and it never flashed just turned off after 15min. It got replaced under warranty in 2016 and still just turns off after 15min.
    Interesting. The light on the power button definitely used to 'pulse' for a while before it turned itself off. Now it just goes off.

EDIT: Picture attached from instructions, it doesn't do this anymore.
    IMG_9672.jpg
    Last edited by nick0; 5 Days Ago at 05:26 PM.

Hi all, my first foray into the world of coffee machines and I have a 920 put aside at Breville’s warehouse to collect today. It comes with 12 months warranty. Is this sensible or am I better off paying more for the machine so I get 24 months warranty??
    Last edited by JerseyBean; 5 Days Ago at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBean View Post
    Hi all, my first foray into the world of coffee machines and I have a 920 put aside at Brevilleís warehouse to collect today. It comes with 12 months warranty. Is this sensible or am I better off paying more for the machine so I get 24 months warranty??
    I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a year, try and talk them into a 2 year deal. You'd be off better waiting for them to come on sale again at Harvey Norman. I just bought one in their last sale $794 with a normal 2 year warranty.
    WarrenK and JerseyBean like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Erimus View Post
    I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a year, try and talk them into a 2 year deal. You'd be off better waiting for them to come on sale again at Harvey Norman. I just bought one in their last sale $794 with a normal 2 year warranty.
    Hi Erimus, I think we were chatting on another thread. Do you mean $100 for the extended warranty? Wow $794 for a brand new Dual Boiler is incredible. I assume that is without the Smart Grinder Pro? When will I have to wait until, next EOFY or their Christmas sales?

Yeah, $100 for the extended warranty, that makes your machine $750. As to when HN will have another sale you'll just have to be alert. Someone will probably post it in the 920 thread I imagine, there's always The Good Guys too.

Yeah, $100 for the extended warranty, that makes your machine $750. As to when HN will have another sale you'll just have to be alert. Someone will probably post it in the 920 thread I imagine, there's always The Good Guys too.
    Okay that is brilliant news. Iím so glad I posted last night!! Iíll hold off and just wait. Iíve waited this long so I can wait a bit longer for peace of mind that 24 months warranty will give me. Iím going to pick up a grinder and get used to how that all works. My French press will suffice for now. Please get back to me if I misunderstood and it was for the 920 and the 820 ( Iím thinking it canít be but I have seen threads where people have picked both up for those low deals you have mentioned so I could be wrong). Just so I know whether to grab a separate grinder or not.

Thanks again

Correct me but I thought that by default Australian law requires 2 years warranty... anything extra is *on top* of the existing warranty

Quote Originally Posted by inorog View Post
    Correct me but I thought that by default Australian law requires 2 years warranty... anything extra is *on top* of the existing warranty
    I thought it was 12 months actually. The warranty I was taking about originally was from the Breville Warehouse so it wouldn’t be their full warranty for an item that is considered seconds. I’m picking up a new machine now so I’ll have peace of mind with 24 months warranty though
    Last edited by JerseyBean; 4 Days Ago at 12:21 PM.

Just goes to show it’s worth making a few calls. Good Guys are doing the machine for $779. Harvey Norman would only come down to $849. Good Guys said their price is never over $800 which didn’t make a lot of sense to me but HN did mention this machine is being discontinued so perhaps that’s why. Thanks for all of your help.

Hey all
    MY input regarding prices and warranties etc
    I had a sunbeam em7000 and put 3 years extra warranty on it. I noticed about a year in that it leaked whenever it was cleaned or descaled. I just ignored that until 3 years was up and got a full refund under warranty.
    Which went towards my BES920. That is the reason I got 4 years extended warranty on my breville dual boiler. I paid $799 + $100 for 4 years warranty, and got $100 back via amex at Harvey Norman. $799 for 6 years warranty ain't too bad. Then it dropped a few days later to $744 and Harvey Norman refunded me the difference.

Due to the nature of these 'appliance' machines I decided i was going to go for an extended warranty like I did the Sunbeam.

When I was shopping about 3 months ago, TGG had them for $700 but no stock in Australia, and Myer and harvey norman refused to go under around $880 because 'they were losing money'.

Haven't been able to use it yet though because my breville dose control pro grinder went kaput
    WarrenK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBean View Post
    Hi all, my first foray into the world of coffee machines and I have a 920 put aside at Breville’s warehouse to collect today. It comes with 12 months warranty. Is this sensible or am I better off paying more for the machine so I get 24 months warranty??
    Mine came with 24 months from breville

If you were in my area i would lend you a Dose Control Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BOR15 View Post
    If you were in my area i would lend you a Dose Control Pro
    Thanks mate, certainly struggle street until the new grinder comes. No espresso.
    My Dose control wont grind fine enough including macro and micro adjustments. The sweeper needs replacing and the burrs arent great. It's only 3 years old.
    BOR15 likes this.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344