Thread: EM6910 Storage

EM6910 Storage

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Good Morning,

I have a EM6910 that is going to have to be stored for a period of up to 6 months. What is the best way to store it and what should I do prior to it being stored?

Thanks

Lindsay

Clean it thoroughly, inside and out. Run the cleaning program and descale - anything in the fluid paths left to dry out will be MUCH harder to remove later. I'd also (not sure this is necessary but I'd do it) let the machine heat up and stay on for a few hours with no water in it - I'm thinking use the heat to fully dry out the internals.

Pack in sealed box or wrapper - insects (and apparently lizards) can get inside and possibly spoil your coffee experience when you find dead ones inside.

Great thanks will do that! I assumed emptying it and drying as much as possible would be way to go.

Thanks!

When I upgraded to a Giotto, my 6910 went to the UK with me, and now stays there with family. So it gets used for 4 weeks each year when we visit, and gets stored in a cupboard for the rest of the year.

i pretty much do what Journeyman suggests, except that the last water I run through is distilled. Once the tank is empty, I purge as much water through the wands as I can, then switch off - I'm not keen on leaving it switched on with no water in there for any length of time.

When taking it out of storage, I initially run some distilled water through. There is plenty of noise as the pump struggles to get water, and finally delivers a rusty stream of sludge! This clears up after a few seconds.

I've been doing this for 4 years now with great success. If you've ever had "coffee" in the UK, you would know why I go to the trouble.