Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By Vinitasse
  • 1 Post By gpillai
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By giantnrs

Thread: Ready to upgrade my Silvia v3 combo

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14

    Ready to upgrade my Silvia v3 combo

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Started my journey of making expressos at home with the Rocky Silvia V3 and Rocky grinder late 2011 and it has been great. Since both my wife and I are long black lovers, it worked well with some lattes and flat whites occasionally for friends though have managed to convert many to affogatos which eliminates the need to wait for the steamer to work . Am ready for an upgrade and am thinking of HX machine while selling of the Rocky combo. Any advice on my upgrade options with a budget of about 1K. Thanks for your advice.

  2. #2
    Mal Dimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warwick, QLD
    Posts
    16,771
    Quote Originally Posted by gpillai View Post
    Started my journey of making expressos at home with the Rocky Silvia V3 and Rocky grinder late 2011
    Just to warn you before the easily offended strike, the word is Espresso...

    Mal.
    okitoki and snedden9485 like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PRL
    Posts
    2,615
    Hi gpillai,

    I assume your upgrade cost of 1K is the net difference after selling your existing kit? Otherwise a straight new replacement would cost you thereabouts....

  4. #4
    Senior Member Vinitasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mornington Peninsula VIC
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Just to warn you before the easily offended strike, the word is Espresso...

    Mal.
    Damn! I missed my chance!
    Dimal likes this.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14
    Wow that was quick - the spell check, I mean Sorry typo error and should have known better. In any case, would appreciate any feedback on the query. As for the budget, the Rocky disposal price would add to the 1K . Thanks

  6. #6
    Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PRL
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by gpillai View Post
    Wow that was quick - the spell check, I mean Sorry typo error and should have known better. In any case, would appreciate any feedback on the query. As for the budget, the Rocky disposal price would add to the 1K . Thanks
    What exactly do you mean by the 'Rocky' disposal price? You presumably own a Rancilio Silvia espresso machine and a Rancilio Rocky Grinder. So do you mean both? Or do you just mean the grinder?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    What exactly do you mean by the 'Rocky' disposal price? You presumably own a Rancilio Silvia espresso machine and a Rancilio Rocky Grinder. So do you mean both? Or do you just mean the grinder?
    Sorry should have said Rancillo bundle though I would need to either keep the Rocky or plan for a better grinder. Thanks Barry.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14
    Yes, have the finally made the move to replace my 5 year old Silvia. Thanks to Chris of Talk Coffee, am the proud owner of a new VBM Domobar Junior to start the new year. Wow, what an experience and wish I had done this earlier. Looking forward to better coffee and faster milk based drinks when friends drop by. Looks like my Rocky will be on the upgrade list. Hoping to get my Silvia serviced soon and would probably offer that for sale with my Rocky for any beginners out there. It has served me well but the HX is a new experience. Thank you all for your information.
    Dimal likes this.

  9. #9
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665
    Thanks for choosing us Govi,

    We hope the new machine brings you much pleasure!

    Cheers

    Chris

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    Good move. I am thinking of upgrading from my Silvia/Rocker setup. Had enough time to hone my skills with the Rancilio. The Silvia/Rocker combo is great to begin the journey but now is time to upgrade!!!

  11. #11
    Mal Dimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warwick, QLD
    Posts
    16,771
    Quote Originally Posted by giantnrs View Post
    upgrading from my Silvia/Rocker setup.
    Ummm, that should read "Rocky"...

    Mal.
    snedden9485 likes this.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    My Silvia/Rocky have just gone to a good family...

    And thanks to Talk Coffee, I am soon to be the proud owner of the Izzo Alex Duetto! It is on the way - can't wait!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantnrs View Post
    Good move. I am thinking of upgrading from my Silvia/Rocker setup. Had enough time to hone my skills with the Rancilio. The Silvia/Rocker combo is great to begin the journey but now is time to upgrade!!!
    Dimal likes this.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •