• 2 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By Vinitasse
  • 1 Post By gpillai
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By giantnrs

Thread: Ready to upgrade my Silvia v3 combo

Ready to upgrade my Silvia v3 combo

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Started my journey of making expressos at home with the Rocky Silvia V3 and Rocky grinder late 2011 and it has been great. Since both my wife and I are long black lovers, it worked well with some lattes and flat whites occasionally for friends though have managed to convert many to affogatos which eliminates the need to wait for the steamer to work . Am ready for an upgrade and am thinking of HX machine while selling of the Rocky combo. Any advice on my upgrade options with a budget of about 1K. Thanks for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gpillai View Post
    Started my journey of making expressos at home with the Rocky Silvia V3 and Rocky grinder late 2011
    Just to warn you before the easily offended strike, the word is Espresso...

Mal.
    okitoki and snedden9485 like this.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Hi gpillai,

I assume your upgrade cost of 1K is the net difference after selling your existing kit? Otherwise a straight new replacement would cost you thereabouts....

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Just to warn you before the easily offended strike, the word is Espresso...

Mal.
    Damn! I missed my chance!
    Dimal likes this.

Wow that was quick - the spell check, I mean Sorry typo error and should have known better. In any case, would appreciate any feedback on the query. As for the budget, the Rocky disposal price would add to the 1K . Thanks

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gpillai View Post
    Wow that was quick - the spell check, I mean Sorry typo error and should have known better. In any case, would appreciate any feedback on the query. As for the budget, the Rocky disposal price would add to the 1K . Thanks
    What exactly do you mean by the 'Rocky' disposal price? You presumably own a Rancilio Silvia espresso machine and a Rancilio Rocky Grinder. So do you mean both? Or do you just mean the grinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    What exactly do you mean by the 'Rocky' disposal price? You presumably own a Rancilio Silvia espresso machine and a Rancilio Rocky Grinder. So do you mean both? Or do you just mean the grinder?
    Sorry should have said Rancillo bundle though I would need to either keep the Rocky or plan for a better grinder. Thanks Barry.

Yes, have the finally made the move to replace my 5 year old Silvia. Thanks to Chris of Talk Coffee, am the proud owner of a new VBM Domobar Junior to start the new year. Wow, what an experience and wish I had done this earlier. Looking forward to better coffee and faster milk based drinks when friends drop by. Looks like my Rocky will be on the upgrade list. Hoping to get my Silvia serviced soon and would probably offer that for sale with my Rocky for any beginners out there. It has served me well but the HX is a new experience. Thank you all for your information.
    Dimal likes this.

TC
    Thanks for choosing us Govi,

We hope the new machine brings you much pleasure!

Cheers

Chris

Good move. I am thinking of upgrading from my Silvia/Rocker setup. Had enough time to hone my skills with the Rancilio. The Silvia/Rocker combo is great to begin the journey but now is time to upgrade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giantnrs View Post
    upgrading from my Silvia/Rocker setup.
    Ummm, that should read "Rocky"...

Mal.
    snedden9485 likes this.

My Silvia/Rocky have just gone to a good family...

And thanks to Talk Coffee, I am soon to be the proud owner of the Izzo Alex Duetto! It is on the way - can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by giantnrs View Post
    Good move. I am thinking of upgrading from my Silvia/Rocker setup. Had enough time to hone my skills with the Rancilio. The Silvia/Rocker combo is great to begin the journey but now is time to upgrade!!!
    Dimal likes this.