Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Casa Espresso

Thread: Where can I find a La Pavoni showroom in Melbourne?

Where can I find a La Pavoni showroom in Melbourne?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,
    Short time reader , first time poster...

I'm infatuated with the idea of the La Pavoni machines, but think I should actually see one before I buy. Does anyone know of a showroom in Melbourne?

(Actually , on the coffee italia? site it says there's a repairer in Silvan, which is just around the corner as I'm at Mt. Dandenong . Perhaps someone could tell me about this?)

Thanks.

sbm.

Hi SBM

We are an authorised importer of La Pavoni. Australian delivered machines with Australian warranty.

Our PHYSICAL address and show room is 149 Martin St, Brighton. Real bricks and mortar, unlike Coffee Ital...... (beware)

Call us on 9530 8992 to make a time

Cheers

Antony

Hi SBM
    I recently purchased a 2nd hand La Pavoni for my daughter without having used one before, I am very impressed with the shots that can be pulled. I have lived on Mt D for many years and had not heard of anyone in the Silvan area servicing, interesting news. Good offer there by Antony but if you are in Carlton I have seen them on display down there.
    Seems there are a few roasters & coffee enthusiasts floating around the hills these days, maybe we need to organise a get together at Little Elixir. These guys are a great addition to the Dandenong Ranges, we no longer need to leave the hills for quality coffee.

BTW there is a La Pavoni for sale at a very good price on the forum, very surprised it is still for sale at the price http://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-har...la-1974-a.html

As an aside, I'll be putting up for sale my 10yr old Gaggia factory G106 lever (=La Pavoni Professional) shortly, and am also in Melbourne if you want to keep an eye out for it...

Remi

Hi all
    Might be worth mentioning we service all La Pavoni models no matter what the age. We have done some great custom fabrication on parts to get those older models up and running.
    Anyone with a lever Pavoni drop us a line.
    Cheers
    Antony
    Dragunov21 likes this.

Thanks for your responses. Antony, I'm "saving up", so I'll pay a visit sometime. Thanks.

Beanz. I've probably seen you at LE, as I've been a regular visitor since December, and it was Daniel in there who suggested I have a look at La Pavoni. It's sent me on a school holiday coffee odyssey that has resulted in me joining this very forum... and falling in love with the appearance of these machines. Now if only I could try one...

It is true that Little Elixir was sorely needed in the hills, and I hope that it succeeds in that strip.

A CS meeting of the Mt. D. chapter sounds great!

When I can sit down for a bit longer I plan to post about hills coffee experiences. I think it's an interesting topic 'coz there's a lot of people come up here and drink coffee, but good coffee can certainly be hard to pin down.

Well, I have visited Casa Espresso and had some very fine coffee, making me quite sure that the La Pavoni is for me!

It was a thrill to operate. Beautiful results. I even like the limitations (ie limited shots at one time). Is this love?!?!

Very excited to be ordering one soon.

Thanks Antony

Hi Shortblackman

Glad you enjoyed the La Pavoni.

The Pavoni is not the machine for everyone and it does have its limitations, but when you get it right the shots are beautiful, great crema and a sweetness that pump machines don't have.

We may do a special "lever fever" Saturday morning demo day here soon with the Pavoni, Elektra and Bezzera demos, stay tuned!

Cheers
    Antony

Quote Originally Posted by shortblackman View Post
    Hi,
    (Actually , on the coffee italia? site it says there's a repairer in Silvan, which is just around the corner as I'm at Mt. Dandenong . Perhaps someone could tell me about this?)
    A late reply but no one else answered this, the repairer in Silvan is Coffee Machine Parts (google them) and they have spares for a lot of different machines including the la pavoni, I got new nuts and seals for my sight glass from them a while back. You can pick up parts from the store which is actually an antique shop (Miller's Pianos).