Thread: EM6910 main pump running on after a shot finished problems

EM6910 main pump running on after a shot finished problems

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi I'm a new to forum. My em6910 the pump runs on after the shot finishes, the water and pressure shuts off as normal and no matter what buttons are pressed it seems to run uncontrolled, to stop it you can only switch it off at the wall. hope someone can help me with this problem.......................... regards greg

how do you mean?
    Does it pump directly into the driptray? What happens if you open the hot water valve? Are you using the single/double shot button rather than the manual shot?

Hi Burr,, I have been waiting for the run on problem to surface again and it seems to discharge into the drip tray as it runs pass where the shot finishes , so can you give me an idea what the problem is.... regards greg

Quote Originally Posted by valkyt6 View Post
    Hi Burr,, I have been waiting for the run on problem to surface again and it seems to discharge into the drip tray as it runs pass where the shot finishes , so can you give me an idea what the problem is.... regards greg
    Hi valkyt6

Almost certainly a jamming solenoid. When it cools down it frees up by itself (too common in all sorts of apps). It is "half switching" over to the cleaning cycle. Easy to identify the beast via the schematic from there.

If you are not mechanically minded, take it to a good repair shop. In WA, that means Coffee Classic in Hilton, even if another one is around the corner from me. Other states, try asking CS sponsors or browse a few CS threads.

TampIt

Quote Originally Posted by TampIt View Post
    Hi valkyt6

Almost certainly a jamming solenoid. When it cools down it frees up by itself (too common in all sorts of apps). It is "half switching" over to the cleaning cycle. Easy to identify the beast via the schematic from there.

If you are not mechanically minded, take it to a good repair shop. In WA, that means Coffee Classic in Hilton, even if another one is around the corner from me. Other states, try asking CS sponsors or browse a few CS threads.

TampIt
    hi Tampit the solenoid in question is there a repair that can be done or replacement I can pull down regards greg

Hi greg

When they go erratic, I usually replace solenoids if possible: they are cheap. Often they can be revived for a while by cleaning / lubing however they usually go again in a few days / weeks / months anyway. FWIW, I tend to pull things like that apart only once if I can...

TampIt

thanks Tampit