Thread: EM6910 - Power on and no action.

EM6910 - Power on and no action.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    After a period of the red light (water) staying on during machine use, there is no power up to standby. When power on there is couple beeps, red light continues and the green power light continues. No further action. Plenty of heat in group. Have always used manual function and at one stage fiddled water temp up but then factory reset. Full clean/descale every 6-12 mnths. Could it be PCB?

I'll be interested to hear any results on this, as mine has been doing the blinking red light thing too, although still working at this stage.

That lasted about 3-4 mnths and machine worked fine.

Buy a new magnet water sensor to fix the blinking red light, other than that its just a nuisance.

Back to the real problem, you said the group head gets hot - does the top of the steam wand get hot too (the swivel joint)? If so, it might be the thermostat for the steam thermoblock. If not, it could be the element, or a component on the pcb (from memory).

Quote Originally Posted by burr View Post
    Buy a new magnet water sensor to fix the blinking red light, other than that its just a nuisance.

Back to the real problem, you said the group head gets hot - does the top of the steam wand get hot too (the swivel joint)? If so, it might be the thermostat for the steam thermoblock. If not, it could be the element, or a component on the pcb (from memory).
    Just saw your msg and turned it on to test heat. AND it powered up *****. There is water pump action on hot water. Steam pump started the faded to a stream of hot water - the pump sounds working but no real steam. Water also pumping through group head ok . Cant work out why the random start up. Then 2 hrs later back tp square one - no pwer up -
    Last edited by Sunclean; 2nd March 2014 at 09:38 PM.

That doesn't mean it ain't the magnet. There could be a lot of reasons why it might stop and then work when you haven't used it for a while. Get if you can find a ferro-ceramic or other small but powerful magnet and drop it in there - should fix the red light issue.

Steam fading has nothing to do with water issues. The magnet can fix those but steam is a separate system which is why the SB's are such good cheap systems. Water and steam have separate pumps and separate thermoblocks. You can add $1000 to the price to get anything like it in a boiler system. SB tell you in the manual to NOT run cleaner or descale through the steam system - personally I think that is BS. Water in a steam system has EXACTLY the same issues as that in the water system - probably more so given the water turns to steam leaving the chemical content behind.

I think it is in http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...w-machine.html where I found new life in my steam system - I used Cino Cleano as a cleaner and ran the steam for about 15 minutes or so and suddenly it unblocked and I got MUCH better steam.

Moral is... clean your steam system. There is no difference between the water system and the steam system when it comes to crap in your water.

My machine started not powering up properly today too. I hadn't run the machine for a few weeks because the group head collar needed replacing. So after replacing the collar this morning, the machine now won't power up. I've powered up again to test and the steam wand doesnt heat up. I've also had a faulty water level light for some time, but never bothered about fixing. Any suggestions for testing whether it is the element or PCB? I'd take to the local repairer, but they take too long.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyOC View Post
    My machine started not powering up properly today too. I hadn't run the machine for a few weeks because the group head collar needed replacing. So after replacing the collar this morning, the machine now won't power up. I've powered up again to test and the steam wand doesnt heat up. I've also had a faulty water level light for some time, but never bothered about fixing. Any suggestions for testing whether it is the element or PCB? I'd take to the local repairer, but they take too long.
    If you just replaced the group head collar and it now doesn't work, chances are you forgot to connect something back up. If I were you I'd pull it back apar and go through everything again. Unless you put something back incorrectly I doubt it is a major issue.

Rbn
    On the magnet, you can buy them, I got a link from a guy on here.

I think it was "appliances r us", but from memory not sure, too much gray hair here!

They sell lots of coffee type bits.

But if it is just the sensor for the water level that is problematic try here:
    https://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/p...1&pcid=2329524

found it with google.

Robin