Thread: Silvia too much water

Silvia too much water

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Had my Silvia since November and had no problems till last week.

It started when I went on holiday, I decided to empty the water tank so that it wasn't lying for a week. When I came back I filled the tank and let the machine heat up for 30mins. Prepared my shot as I always do using the Rocky grinder on my normal setting, about 7. When I done the shot, the water was much quicker than before. My previous shots were about 20-23 sec Mark and now it is about 5-10 secs. Also, when I empty the boiler after frothing the milk, the water comes through a lot quicker than previously ie, probably half the time. I have done nothing to the machine apart from emptying the tank. Is there something wrong with the machine now or have I done something wrong?

Are you using the same beans, or new beans of the same freshness you normally use?

I find that old beans sometimes need to be ground a bit finer to achieve the same kind of shot.

Also, did you make sure you reprime the boiler once you filled the tank. I always flush water out the group when I switch the machine on to ensure the boiler is 100% full.

I usually switch between beans and I have tried the grind finer, but the water just pours through.

I always do the temp surf before I do my shots. I never flush water out the group when I start it up, I usually do that before I turn the machine off.