Thread: breville barista express portafilter, where to buy?

breville barista express portafilter, where to buy?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place but did anybody know where I can get a breville bes860 portafilter from?

Does anybody know if other portafilters are compatible? Either from brevilles other machines or different brand?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Joe,

As far as I know Breville is the only place where you can get their spare parts.

You would be lucky to get other manufacturers parts fit, as many different sizes and configuration of lugs make it difficult.

Give Breville a call to see how they can help.

Barry

Big Warehouse Spares sell them, part number 1673713. Would be about $160 shipped. That site sells pretty much any Breville part or accessory you would need.

For some reason Breville upped the portafilter size to 54mm on the 860 compared with all the other Breville models previous to it being 51mm. This means you won't be able to get another portafilter to work. Only other options are from the BES840 and 870.

thanks for the help guys and the info, you rock!

Tara Hogan from Breville Customer Service says:
    The Filter Holder & Handle Assembly - BES860/10A for your BES840 Coffee Machine is currently available for $120.13 plus $10.00 Postage & Handling. You can purchase this over the phone with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard only), 1300 139 798.
    Although I see that the 54mm portafilter is available on the Breville USA site (54mm Portafilter | Breville) for only US$59.99.