Thread: EM6910 Brew Temp

EM6910 Brew Temp

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey everyone,

I bought a cheap EM6910 off gumtree last week for $50 to stuff around with. I thought if it works, then I will take it into work and have decent espresso without having to leave the office.

Anyways, after a good descale and clean with Cafiza, it works, however, the espresso that it produces seems to be just above warm. I read about making the temp 4 degrees higher so I did that but it didn't really make much of a difference.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what they think may be wrong and how I could fix it?

Thanks in advance!

You can adjust the temperature on an EM6910?

How does it taste? Do you have a machine next to it to compare it to... It might sound silly but people often pour into a cold cup and worry about the temperature of the espresso.

Other than a factory reset I can't think of much else you can do... you would need a scace to accurately check it. Servicing a $50 machine doesn't sound very worthwhile

Taste I probably a little sour..and yeah I am not really fussed if it doesn't work it was only $50 and gave me a bit of fun cleaning it up haha. And yeah you can adjust the temp..you hole the single and double espresso buttons in then switch the machine on

Quote Originally Posted by MrJack View Post
    You can adjust the temperature on an EM6910?

• Programmable brew and steam temperature (limited) - great that they provide this feature - but is virtually useless. I suspect feature was added to allow the user to make compensations for poor quality control and inconsistencies between each machine.

leave the machine on for 1/2 an hour with the PF in the group.
    purge some water through it all and leave for another 5.
    then take a thermocouple from a DMM (Digital Multimeter) and stick it inside the PF, turn on the brew water and measure the actual output temp of the brew water.