Thread: To other sunbeam EM7000 owners

To other sunbeam EM7000 owners

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My EM7000 drips water from the hot water tap when extracting coffee, is it normal?
    It doesn't feel normal to me, and many video in youtube shows that it doesn't drip water when they do the extraction.

Thanks

No, not normal.
    This will mean you are not getting the full pressure into your group head, as it is leaking out the hot water spout.

Cheers thanks. I will call the service number.

The solenoid that directs flow to the hot water wand or group isn't closing properly and needs to be replaced. A service centre will be able to do the job.

Thanks noidle22, I hope they can arrange to be repaired. It is brand new, although I got it on clearance

Just called them, the tech on the phone asked me to try to purge the machine (turning both steam and water dispenser on)
    I'll try it when I get back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew8 View Post
    No, not normal.
    This will mean you are not getting the full pressure into your group head, as it is leaking out the hot water spout.
    Ever measured this effect before?

I'd be somewhat surprised if a slow leak resulted in a significant (or even measurable) reduction in pressure.

Thought I would update my experience with this new machine and the EM070 grinder.
    After a few issues getting the grinder dialed in with the beans as they age, I have finally nailed it all down.
    Now I can produce a great shot with both the double and single baskets the puck is solid on both and knocks out easily, the grinder is great and very clean, no clumping and very even grind.
    For those that feel they need to know what setting everyone uses, Grinder runs between 14 and 9 depending on the age of the beans, raining or dry, windy or still.

It is fun working out how the equipment works best and getting the various factors working together, isn't it? Nothing quite like that feeling of getting up to find a storm has come through, the temp has dropped but the humidity is up and you make a slight adjustment and get a spot-on coffee... Ahhhh... Bugger Moccona.