Thread: EM6910 Steam wand blowing steam after already turned off

EM6910 Steam wand blowing steam after already turned off

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys!
    I recently bought a second hand sunbeam EM6910 and all is working okay except for two things.
    1. When i use the steam wand and then switch it back to its 'off' setting, it still releases steam for 4-5 seconds. Is this normal? has it occurred with anyone else? Any solutions?
    2. Buttons on the machine do not work properly in that when I click it, it sometimes doesn't activate.

The second problem isn't as major so that can wait (unless someone has a solution for that too).

Bbao EM6910 Steam wand blowing steam after already turned off
    Your machine's fault description suggests to me that your em6910 may have been disassembled at some time and the steam knob hasn't been aligned correctly upon reassembly,not a big drama as it would allow the built up steam to vent out (not a bad idea as it would clear any milk residue in the wand).
    If you are concerned about this abnormally it could be corrected by removing ,aligning and replacing the knob...your choice.
    Problem two is due to wear and tear,just check if all buttons are tricky (not always activate when pressed) usually its only the buttons you or previous owner use all the time, whole button assembly can be replaced ,have seen them on ebay although whole machines (used) can sometimes be brought for a similar cost!
    Cheers
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Bbao View Post
    Hey guys!
    I recently bought a second hand sunbeam EM6910 and all is working okay except for two things.
    1. When i use the steam wand and then switch it back to its 'off' setting, it still releases steam for 4-5 seconds. Is this normal? has it occurred with anyone else? Any solutions?
    2. Buttons on the machine do not work properly in that when I click it, it sometimes doesn't activate.

The second problem isn't as major so that can wait (unless someone has a solution for that too).
    Last edited by mulquemi; 19th August 2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: problem 2

Quote Originally Posted by mulquemi View Post
    Your machine's fault description suggests to me that your em6910 may have been disassembled at some time and the steam knob hasn't been aligned correctly upon reassembly,not a big drama as it would allow the built up steam to vent out (not a bad idea as it would clear any milk residue in the wand).
    If you are concerned about this abnormally it could be corrected by removing ,aligning and replacing the knob...your choice.
    Problem two is due to wear and tear,just check if all buttons are tricky (not always activate when pressed) usually its only the buttons you or previous owner use all the time, whole button assembly can be replaced ,have seen them on ebay although whole machines (used) can sometimes be brought for a similar cost!
    Cheers
    Mick
    I tried realigning the knob but it didn't seem to work...No matter! I've kind of gotten used to it so it's all good now! Thanks for the response!