Thread: Nuova Simonelli Oscar

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Nuova Simonelli Oscar

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys, its me again. My oscar got a crack, was thinking if its possible to repair it, like change a new case maybe? because i cant seem to find parts for that. Besides, do anyone of you know where to get a flat group seal for my oscar? since last time I changed the group seal, i find it hard to lock in. I have to push it really hard to lock the portafilter.

Thanks in advance!

Phone or email site sponsor Coffeeparts. It would probably be a good idea to measure the thickness of the current seal. You might need one that is half a mm thinner.

Nuova Simonelli make two different thickness group seals. A thicker one for the Aurelia and a thinner one for the Appia, Musica/Oscar.

We have both available.

Cheers

Antony

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Hi Antony!
    I'm glad to hear that, how much are you selling for one? and will it be delivered before Christmas? I'm thinking to get three of the flat group seals for my oscar.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MrCoffeeBean; 2nd December 2014 at 02:38 PM.

If you would like to call our office we can arrange everything for you.
    03 95962286

Quote Originally Posted by MrCoffeeBean View Post
    Hi guys, its me again. My oscar got a crack, was thinking if its possible to repair it, like change a new case maybe? because i cant seem to find parts for that. Besides, do anyone of you know where to get a flat group seal for my oscar? since last time I changed the group seal, i find it hard to lock in. I have to push it really hard to lock the portafilter.

Thanks in advance!

Hi MrCoffeeBean, I'm looking at buying a second hand Oscar. Just wondering if you would shed some light on your experience ? Even some insight into price. (Currently asking $650) I would assume it's going to need a service also. Have you had yours serviced ?

Thanks

Hi zero02,

$650 is ok but i wouldn't buy one for that much unless it was less than 4 yrs old. Not a very complex machine at all so I wouldn't stress too much over a service but it can't hurt.

I picked one up a while ago for my parents for $350 and the boiler was in great condition. Steams very well. Runs a bit hot but there's ways to address that. I did the common mods to it and it was very cheap..

You never have to worry about parts with this machine, if it comes to that. Every part is available. Oscar's are good value for money in general but more importantly, invest your money into a good (if not great) grinder.

Cheers

Sorry to hijac this but pm sent to xero02.
    Cheers aza

Thanks for advice, i picked up a second hand mazzer grinder on eBay (yet to arrive). Yeah i like that its not a complex machine and from what you have said it will do the job perfectly.