Thread: Buying secondhand Rancilio Silvia V2 ??

Buying secondhand Rancilio Silvia V2 ??

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys, I'm currently looking to upgrade my em6910 espresso machine for something a bit better. There is a Silvia up on gumtree for about $300. Is this a good price for a machine that could be 10 years old? And should I be looking out for anything in particular when having a look at it?

Thank for any advice, Cheers.

personally i just recently paid $260 for a v2 for our holiday house taking a bit of a punt on the condition.

the usual suspects would be the boiler element and it not being blocked beyond having to pull the boiler down, but mine turned out to be in very good nick with really only the shower screen taking a bit of effort to clean.

iam seeing 2 silvias on gumtree at the moment for round $300 that appear to be V3s going by the drip tray, steam wand and the chrome steam knob. cant see any V2s ATM?
    i guess you can always ask the seller if you can test it before purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by koshari View Post
    personally i just recently paid $260 for a v2 for our holiday house taking a bit of a punt on the condition.

the usual suspects would be the boiler element and it not being blocked beyond having to pull the boiler down, but mine turned out to be in very good nick with really only the shower screen taking a bit of effort to clean.

iam seeing 2 silvias on gumtree at the moment for round $300 that appear to be V3s going by the drip tray, steam wand and the chrome steam knob. cant see any V2s ATM?
    i guess you can always ask the seller if you can test it before purchase?

Thanks a lot for the reply mate. Looks like it has been taken down from Gumtree, so guessing it has sold. I think I'll just save up a bit more coin and buy something new, I'm thinking about the Lelit PL41TEMD at the moment. It looks like a good machine for the price with the built in PID. Any opinions on this espresso machine?

Cheers,, Matt

Quote Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
    I'm thinking about the Lelit PL41TEMD at the moment. It looks like a good machine for the price with the built in PID. Any opinions on this espresso machine?
    An excellent machine Matt, can't go wrong...

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    An excellent machine Matt, can't go wrong...

Mal.
    Thanks,, I guess I'll be buying myself an espresso machine for x-mas . I just hope my Sunbeam grinder will be alright until I can upgrade to something better.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
    I just hope my Sunbeam grinder will be alright until I can upgrade to something better.
    So long as it it one of their Conical Burr grinders, it should be good enough to get you going mate...

Mal.