Thread: Saeco Via Venezia Combi (2002)

Saeco Via Venezia Combi (2002)

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, I have a 2002 model Saeco Via Venezia Combi which has been having all sorts of problems.
    The grinder has packed up a couple of times, and needed to be fixed (this seems to be a recurring issue with this model for others also) but now the pump that takes the water to the filter basket seems to have packed up. At first the water was coming out quite slowly, but now nothing happens at all.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem with this machine and whether anyone may have diagrams that I can use to fix it.

At the moment upgrading doesn't seem to be an option, but does anyone have a manual machine complete with grinder and auto frother that they would recommend in the case that this machine is unable to be fixed?

Thankyou in advance!!

TOK
    Welcome to CS.

Not wishing to upset but you are flogging a dead horse. 2002 is prehistoric in coffee machine terms and while the machine is simple and salvagable enough (but you still only end up with a 12 y.o. Via Venezia), the grinder is old school and not really up to it. As they get older they jam up easily, quality of grinding was reasonable then with what was available at the time, but not so now. I wouldnt try and resurrect the grinder total waste of money.

As they are essentially different units sharing tthe same body, if you really wanted to salvage the machine that is one thing, but you wouldnt bother wasting money on the grinder.

Did you write "auto frother" ? ....I'll pretend i didnt see that....while those things "work" to a point, you would be far better served using the steam pipe on the machine to manually froth milk in the traditional way. They work ok with small quantities of milk.

And when all said and done, you really are better served putting the cost of any repairs (that you might have done) toward getting something better (if you have the means).

There are no "diagrams" that will tell you what to do in the event of a failure to deliver water, and a repairer really needs to have the machine in front of him/her on the bench to try and work it out and rectify. I suggest it isnt worth the money.

Sorry cant be more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    Hi, I have a 2002 model Saeco Via Venezia Combi which has been having all sorts of problems.
    The grinder has packed up a couple of times, and needed to be fixed (this seems to be a recurring issue with this model for others also) but now the pump that takes the water to the filter basket seems to have packed up. At first the water was coming out quite slowly, but now nothing happens at all.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem with this machine and whether anyone may have diagrams that I can use to fix it.

At the moment upgrading doesn't seem to be an option, but does anyone have a manual machine complete with grinder and auto frother that they would recommend in the case that this machine is unable to be fixed?

Thankyou in advance!!
    I had one of these and it made a fantastic espresso. I nearly cried when it broke down, and tried to fix it myself, but in the end faced the reality that I needed a new machine. I bought a Breville Dual Boiler and it changed my life! So take heart... Cheers.