Thread: Vibiemme OPV repair or replace?

Vibiemme OPV repair or replace?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all. I have an older Domobar Super (2002) and for a long time I have suspected a poor performing OPV. I have wound it out as far as possible (without the end popping off) but the pressure is still too high. It also shudders constantly, causing the pressure to fluctuate.

After doing some research I discovered that there were some machines shipped out from the factory with an incorrectly spec'd spring that caused the OPV to run at high pressure. I then ordered a replacement spring and rebuild kit which turned out to be too big for my machine. When I took the OPV apart I also realised that the rubber end of the piston is deteriorating (probably explaining the shuddering).

My question really is can I repair my current OPV or do I need to get an entire new OPV? Does anyone know where I could get a rebuild kit for my machine?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Does the schematic below look like your older generation machine?

ImageUploadedByCoffeeSnobs1420896616.522448.jpg

If so, I assume it's part VBM.579 that you're after? Not sure about a rebuild kit, but if this is the right part then site sponsor Di Bartoli sells the replacement valve;

http://dibartoli.com.au/vbm-domobar-...by-pass-valve/

Thanks for your reply Mouldy. Unfortunately this is not my machine. For one thing, the location of the OPV is different. I wonder if the current model OPV would fit my machine?

Quote Originally Posted by andwilson View Post
    Thanks for your reply Mouldy. Unfortunately this is not my machine. For one thing, the location of the OPV is different. I wonder if the current model OPV would fit my machine?
    No probs. Sorry it's not the same. It's a schematic for a VBM Domobar Super (HX) machine apparently, but perhaps a newer model than yours?

If you can confirm thread type and size and arrangement on your machine it would be worth calling Di Bartoli to ask for same details on the one listed on their site. They may also be able to tell you if it's compatible?

From what I can tell, part number VBM.579 in the schematic above is also used on the VBM junior and VBM junior HX machine. Not sure about older versions of the VBM Super though.