Thread: EM6910 Unusual steam problem

EM6910 Unusual steam problem

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey,

I have an EM6910 that has an issue when steaming. The steam pump works while the steam heater is off but turns off when it starts heating.
    So it never gets to full pressure but never stops either.
    Any ideas on what the problem could be?

thanks,
    Maca

maca07,
    Hello,welcome to coffee snobs,you description of it's fault suggests the micro switch is stuck closed circuit and as such fails to reach full steaming temperature,thats why you cannot steam correctly.
    If you google sunbeam em6910 steam issues you could follow the guide to check the switch.
    See how you go with and keep us informed,maybe able to help further if needed.
    Cheers,
    Mick.

Hi Mick,
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I was wrong in my initial findings, the pump wasn't shutting off and the microswitch is working normally, also the steam pressure increases when the heater is on.
    I pretty sure it's either the pump or the thermoblock needs a good clean, but thinking it just needs a good clean.
    thanks for your help,
    Maca

Maca07,
    Congratulations you are more clever then you first thought,sounds like you machine need a good descale and flush,doe's the pressure relief operate when you complete a brew shot?
    You should see and hear a release of pressure from the group head,which leaves the puck dry.
    Cheers,
    Mick.