Thread: Silvia V2 warming up but light not turning off

Question Silvia V2 warming up but light not turning off

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all.

A few months ago my Silvia blew the boiler so I replaced it. Then over a period of a couple of months it overheated a couple of times, tripping the resettable thermostat. Then it started doing this weird thing where it warms up but not fully, so the main light doesn't switch off. I replaced all the thermostats thinking that the initial problem might have been there (as it was overheating). It still does the same thing.

Is it possible that the boiler has partially blown? Or would that trip the house's RCD (earth leakage switch)? I can't work it out...

Regards,
    Dan.

I'm no expert here but have you tested conductivity between thermostats and boiler?

Fortinately an element is just a resistor and knowing the wattage (1000) and the voltage (240) means we can determine the elements required resistance. R = v^2 / p therefore the element should be round 60 ohms.

Quote Originally Posted by koshari View Post
    Fortinately an element is just a resistor and knowing the wattage (1000) and the voltage (240) means we can determine the elements required resistance. R = v^2 / p therefore the element should be round 60 ohms.
    Yeah it seems that the element is fine. The only thing I can think to do now is replace all the switches and wiring. Or try my luck at a repair shop.