Thread: Good stuff on a budget

Good stuff on a budget

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

looking at at getting into the swanky coffee scene (currently on pods and am sick of terrible coffee and contributing to landfill in a big way, plus, being ripped off) and have been looking here there and everywhere for what would be a good place to start.

So, for the machine I'm pretty much sold on a Silvio. Seems a great entry point, good reputation and it's a good machine to be able to make "real" coffee on.nopen to suggestions but bear in mind, my budget is 500 and has to include a grinder.

my coffee req's are about 2-4 a morning for myself and the mrs. Milk frothing not a must, we would be ok using one of the milk warmer things that we use with the pod machine. That and we use oat milk which I can't find much info about here! (Please feel free to point me in the direction of oat milk stuff!). The mrs has had barista work training before, but I'm a novice. Love getting carried away with things though and experimenting is right up my alley.

grinder req's are basic, just want a goodish unit that'll do the job and not fall over all the time.

mrs has put a MAXIMUM of 500 for the lot, I may have to get creative with the accounting but I'm seeing some cheap silvios around and I was wondering if a 100 buck (or close to) grinder is possible?

sorry for the noob q's!

Al

Where are you located?

I've got a buddy that has 2x Silvias and 2x rocky grinders that he is willing to part ways with.

We are in Melb.

Hi thanks for the reply!

yep in Melbourne. I'm guessing that a rocky is out of my price range but I'm interested....

keen for for the details! pm me?

I'll point him to this thread.

Hi Kopigeek

Does your friend still have a Silvia for sale?

Cheers

Scoots

you can checked used stuff on e-bay