Thread: em7000 group handle issue

em7000 group handle issue

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hi, i recently purchased an em7000 coffee machine to replace my old one. i have a question at this moment. i do not really like the anti-skid design on em7000 group handle. so i'm wondering is a em6910 handle will fit on em7000? or any other brand handle? and where can i get one? thx

Yes the 6910 handle will fit. No other brands as far as I know will fit, the group head is Sunbeam's own design.

You can get group handles online or from an authorised Sunbeam service agent.
    They sometimes pop up for sale on here too.

Quote Originally Posted by hi8havp View Post
    hi, i recently purchased an em7000 coffee machine to replace my old one. i have a question at this moment. i do not really like the anti-skid design on em7000 group handle. so i'm wondering is a em6910 handle will fit on em7000? or any other brand handle? and where can i get one? thx
    Hi hi8havp

My friend's Gaggia Classic p/f is fully interchangeable with my older 6910. Further info: my brass 6910 "converted to naked" fits his Gaggia and vice versa, even the height matches exactly as does the turning pressure and "normal end point". My newer 6910 stainless one is a slightly different size - it still fits & works, but not quite as well. Neither of them leak at all, nor does his Gaggia p/f leak in either of my 6910s.

My same 6910 naked p/f also fits my 7000 perfectly. So far the original 7000 p/f is still "used once" in the box somewhere - I didn't like the balance or the "LM style tilt" and haven't bothered to use it since (or even convert it to naked). Interestingly (to me anyway) my 6910 stainless p/f doesn't fit the 7000 (or even my older 6910) as well as my brass 6910 p/f.

A quick 7000 owner tip - every one I have seen does two things the 6910 doesn't:-
    1) When you cut the shot there is a small delay and then a small amount of low pressure water comes through. I reckon this is a good thing, as the 7000 showerscreens stay cleaner for longer than any other machine I know off (just over a kilo of beans before there is enough gunge to bother cleaning them - most other machines are lucky to get 250g before they need a thorough clean).

2) When you cut the steam wand's flow, a similar thing happens. After seeing far too many 6910 wands clog up, I have yet to see a 7000 do it. Beware, the most common 7000 fault at the main (all brands and types) repairer here in the west is people snapping the steam knob whilst trying to get an "instant shut off". Be gentle...

The combination of those two quirks mean my 7000 is the easiest machine to live with in terms of day to day maintenance.

Enjoy your cuppa in your new toy.

TampIt