Thread: EM6910 collar replacement - leftover washers!!! Help please.

EM6910 collar replacement - leftover washers!!! Help please.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I was having leaks around my coffee handle that weren't fixed by a new blue seal. I pulled out the collar from the EM6910 according to the guide by wan (elsewhere on this forum) and gave it a clean. It actually looked alright so I put it back in. Five little washers fell out of the collar and I think they came from the 5 Torx screws on the collar but I can't work out where they go. I now have massive leaks around the handle. Has anyone done the exchange and know where they go?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post
    I was having leaks around my coffee handle that weren't fixed by a new blue seal. I pulled out the collar from the EM6910 according to the guide by wan (elsewhere on this forum) and gave it a clean. It actually looked alright so I put it back in. Five little washers fell out of the collar and I think they came from the 5 Torx screws on the collar but I can't work out where they go. I now have massive leaks around the handle. Has anyone done the exchange and know where they go?

Thanks!!
    Hi Allison

No idea what WAN is...

Here is the complete service manual plus an annotated version of the collar replacement guide (kinda SB with extra comments, arrows etc). Hope it helps.

TampIt

PS: 90% of 6910 leaks can be fixed with a simple spacer... unless the collar is seriously worn. Wish I knew that earlier. I had a botched warranty job that turned into a nightmare, then found out I didn't need to replace the collar anyway!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wan is the guy that made the initial collar replacement guide.

What type and how big are the washers? The 5 x torx bolts each have a split washer.

FYI those manuals, plus more, have been available in the Documentation - Midrange section for some time.

Java "Documentation? What's that?!?" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!