Thread: Bes860 54mm baskets

Bes860 54mm baskets

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Is there any other baskets that will fit in the breville 54mm handle as the standard one's half way down come in a bit preventing the stock tamper from fully pressing down on the coffee.

As this was my first machine before the silvia I never noticed it to the same extent before

The oem basket's holes seem pretty good, not to sloppy at all and I have made some good coffee with it

wondering if there is any other basket that Has straight sides that will fit the tamper all the way to the bottom

My other option is just get a 52mm tamper and deal with the edges that don't press down fully.

Asking as others prefer the easier operation of the breville

thanks all

james

I have read that Dalla Corte and La Spaz baskets are about 54mm would some thing like these do

La Spaziale baskets are 53mm, I don't know about DC ones though. It does sound like you're under dosing if your tamper is getting that far down into the basket. You don't need it to get all the way to the bottom of the basket, unless you've come up with some new dosing method ;-)

Rbn
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey View Post
    La Spaziale baskets are 53mm, I don't know about DC ones though. It does sound like you're under dosing if your tamper is getting that far down into the basket. You don't need it to get all the way to the bottom of the basket, unless you've come up with some new dosing method ;-)
    Maybe he is tamping in progressive stages, and wants to tamp the basket when it is 1/3 or 1/2 full.

Rbn

Which, is what I do.