Thread: Sunbeam EM6910 Leaking under tray

Sunbeam EM6910 Leaking under tray

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have had a 6910 for about 6 years. It got a major overhaul just before it's 5 yr birthday thanks to a Myer extended warranty and had been running great!!

Over the last few weeks I have noticed water accumulating underneath the drip tray. It looks like it's coming from the small spout that hides behind the center of the drip tray.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or how to fix it?

On mine the drip tray spout did not fit snugly against the small spout you refer to at its rear allowing water to bypass the tray and accumulate below the drip tray. I padded out the drip tray spout with double sided tape to make a snug fit and it cured the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by alexm1 View Post
    I padded out the drip tray spout with double sided tape to make a snug fit and it cured the problem.
    Sounds like a reasonable fix. I'm confused as to why this has only started happening after 6 years. It is also a fairly significant run off. Where does the water from this central outlet come from??

I had the same problem, and still have if I don't put the tray back properly after emptying it.
    I find that I don't get the problem if I lift up the front of the tray as I am putting it in, pushing the tray as far into the machine as the spout will go, and then drop the front of the tray.
    Fixes it for me.
    Chris

Check the outlet nozzle and see if there is a small brass insert inside the nozzle. This should be there but possibly it fell out which will cause a leak like this to happen.

Alternatively, I've seen the cable tie break that connects the silicone hose to the outlet nozzle which can cause a leak to develop. This will usually be evident underneath the machine on the bench rather than under the tray however.

Check the drip tray itself in case it has been damaged or cracked when it was at the repairer.

[QUOTE][/Where does the water from this central outlet come from?? QUOTE]

Most of it comes from the solenoid valve which releases pressure in the group handle at the end of extraction.
    Also, from memory, some also comes from the pressure relief valve on the water pump for brewing (but not the steam pump which recirculates back into the water supply line from the tank).

Trev