Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By LeroyC
  • 1 Post By LeroyC
  • 1 Post By LeroyC
  • 1 Post By LeroyC

Thread: Rebuild, refurbs and mods on machines and grinder all done

Rebuild, refurbs and mods on machines and grinder all done

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    It took me a long time to get around to it, but I finally finished working on my espresso machines and grinders.
    I completed a full strip and rebuild on my Gaggia Classic, giving it a thorough clean inside and out along the way. I manually descaled everything, replaced most o-rings along the way, and fitted a new pump, 3-way and steam thermostat.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435464582.090922.jpg

My Nemox Lux got a strip and clean, a new hopper, as well as a mod with an Iberital Challenge part to convert it to a doserless grinder.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435464703.156688.jpg

Once completed I tested them for a few weeks while I worked on my Brugnetti then sold them as a pair. (They were only listed for a few hours on Trade Me before being snapped up).
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435464832.012499.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435464852.139962.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dimal likes this.

Dimal likes this.

Rebuild, refurbs and mods on machines and grinder all done

My Brugnetti Simona Top was bought from a fellow CSer nearly a year ago. It had already had some work done such as boiler insulating wrap and an OPV set to 10bar. It has been working well since I got it, but I wanted to spruce it up a bit. I had already replaced the dicky little steam wand with a larger more modern one (actually off a Sunbeam EM6910), given all the stainless a really good polish, and had a PF converted to naked by a mate of mine on his lathe.
    Over the last few weeks I scraped off all flaking paint and treated the rust before touching it up which included a full respray of the back panel and a repaint of the area under the drip tray. I also touched up other parts of the frame and panels as needed. The gauge had a cracked cover so it's been replaced with a custom cut piece of plexi-glass and I painted the retaining ring as all the chrome was chipped and flaking off. I also replaced the steam valve seal and shower screen, and stuck some foam in appropriate places as noise dampening.
    It's now back in action with my Sunbeam EM0480 which I've repaired and it's all going well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435465669.357659.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435465688.711191.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435465705.895054.jpg
    Dimal likes this.

Some nice gear there LeroyC...

How do you decide which machine to use?

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Some nice gear there LeroyC...

How do you decide which machine to use?

Mal.
    Thanks Mal. The choice has always been easy as I've never actually had both in action at the same time. The Gaggia and Nemox have been sold now so now I only have to choose between the Brugnetti, Bellman, Cona vac pot or moka pot!!! I had a laugh.
    Dimal likes this.

nice work, i have a gaggia i will get around to doing a full strip down and rebuild on eventually

They're easy enough to do, just read up on it, take photos as you go and label plugs and wires.

I'm having to re-learn how to texture milk with a powerful machine. It's a bit hit and miss at the moment, but I'm getting the occasional decent latte.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435569780.823241.jpg