Thread: Ponte Vecchio export in australia??

Ponte Vecchio export in australia??

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hey guys, do any of the collective know if either any of the sponsors stock the ponte vecchio export or if anybody else imports them into australia?

Also wondering if anyone has one and if they tend to suffer a similar fate of the la pavoni with the boiler getting too hot and limiting the amount of pulled shots to a couple until needing to cool the machine.

Hiya

I have the two group PV (red one) and it does not overheat. You can do shot after shot but its slow as you can't go quick. If you try to go quick you will crack open the PF too quick and have a mess everywhere!
    Have a La Pavoni also so I know over heating :-)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speleomike View Post
    Hiya

I have the two group PV (red one) and it does not overheat. You can do shot after shot but its slow as you can't go quick. If you try to go quick you will crack open the PF too quick and have a mess everywhere!
    Have a La Pavoni also so I know over heating :-)

Mike
    Good to hear

I had similar concerns regarding the export before I purchased mine from Jack at Sorrentina Coffee.

To help give me an indication of temperature I placed on the grouphead a temperature sticker.

At idle it does eventually get hot but we're talking in the vicinity of a couple of hours give or take as opposed to minutes.

As for consecutive shots I've never made more than three in a row. From the temperature sticker the temp did climb a few degrees but most importantly the flavour was still decent

Quote Originally Posted by Choman View Post
    I had similar concerns regarding the export before I purchased mine from Jack at Sorrentina Coffee.

To help give me an indication of temperature I placed on the grouphead a temperature sticker.

At idle it does eventually get hot but we're talking in the vicinity of a couple of hours give or take as opposed to minutes.

As for consecutive shots I've never made more than three in a row. From the temperature sticker the temp did climb a few degrees but most importantly the flavour was still decent
    Is Jack/Sorrentina Coffee Still around?
    He seemed to be pretty active on this forum a while ago, but not these days and his web site doesn't seem to have been updated for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    Is Jack/Sorrentina Coffee Still around?
    He seemed to be pretty active on this forum a while ago, but not these days and his web site doesn't seem to have been updated for a while.

He still responds to emails as far as I'm aware - that's how I got mine.

If you're interested in purchasing the Export and can't get one from Jack shoot me a private message - I just put money down on a new machine and am toying with the idea of selling mine (4 months old) to make space.

If you're interested in purchasing the Export and can't get one from Jack shoot me a private message - I just put money down on a new machine and am toying with the idea of selling mine (4 months old) to make space.
    Thanks for the offer, considering the Lusso at the moment.
    Cheers

seems like a hard model to find on the world wide web....I'm still waiting on the coin to come in, but great to hear peoples experience with the various machines.

To be honest, its rare occasions i would probably need to pull more than 3 shots in close succession. I hear that with some cooling techniques you can get more. But for me, if it produces a good consistent tasty shot (one the grind is right), i would be extremely happy.

I get quite confused some days reading the various forums/threads as the hardcore enthusiast 99% of the time will go the more commercial machines, the novice would go out and buy a aldi special or something sub 200 bucks and then you have somebody like me who would use the machine on weekends, doesn’t want too many moving/electrical parts and intend to keep it for a very long time. Plus i've always been quite attached to my dozen stove top peculators, so more than likely if i'm throwing a doo and need more than 3 shots, i'll put on a couple of the 10-12 cup stovies.

so now need to figure out if i go the domestic spring lever in the PV Export or the Direct Lever La Pavoni......talk about some first world problems....

Google italiaworldwide ponte vecchio

Googled and now waiting for it to come.....the place i was originally going to get it from jacked up the price by around 150 euro the day before i ordered, so ended up getting it from the suggested...

if it was available locally i would have paid the cash, but all that was available was the lusso and it was way more bench spaced than i wanted to lose...if i had the room i would have looked into that lelit mara or smaller isomac.