Thread: Accessing and removing the em6910 solenoid?

daz

Accessing and removing the em6910 solenoid?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Thanks to noidle22 for supplying parts to fix my em6910.
    I replaced the pcb which has fixed the issue of the machine not turning on properly and water constantly pouring out the group head.

I have a replacement solenoid that will hopefully get rid of the constant hum. What is the best way to access and remove the existing solenoid? I've removed the side cover but it is still difficult to access the solenoid.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by daz; 18th July 2015 at 10:33 PM.

Hello daz,
    If you already have the side cover removed , presumably you already got the plastic pub cover off and pcb swung out of the way as well ,then simply remove the top cover.That way you can see and access everything,are you comfortable getting to that stage?
    cheers,
    Mick,

daz

Accessing and removing the em6910 solenoid?

Hi mulquemi,

Yep the pcb is out of the way. When you mean the pub cover, is that the cover that holds the water tank? There's a screw at the bottom that's too tight to loosen.

Ok thanks I'll take the top cover off. What is the best method to remove the solenoid?

Hello daz,
    Sorry pub was a text prediction error ,should have read pcb.
    If you have the pcb out of the way,then you have already removed the plastic cover I mentioned.
    See the image below of machine showing the solenoid ( stolen from coffee snobs).
    Hold it securely and (while holding) loosen brass attachments & screws,done!
    The photo "D" points to the steam pump ? Seems to believe it's a one way valve,it's not.
    cheers,
    Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images