Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By saeco_user

Thread: Ecm Botticelli and other single boiler minor? annoyances

Ecm Botticelli and other single boiler minor? annoyances

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

There is a Ecm Botticelli currently for sale in these forums and I was considering a sideways/slight upwards upgrade from my Quaha Junior instead of investing in repairs. A second hand single boiler is the only machine within price range.

However looking at the Botticelli, I think it would annoy the hell out of me having to remove the tank to refill every day. With the Quaha I only have to lift the top and pour in.

Also with the Quaha I have a deep drip tray and can see the water level easily on the side. Do any other single boilers have all three features? I know many don't (thinking Silvia).

I know these are minor issues in the scheme of things but as a very regularly used appliance I'm not sure I could do without them. Or is it just a case of you get used to, and make the best of, what you've got? What do other owners think?

cheers
    Taan

The Gaggia Classic has all these features, but unless it's had all the requisite mods it wouldn't really be an upgrade from you Quaha. What about a Lelit? I don't know much about the brand, but they're well regarded and one of their models could fit the bill.

Thanks. The Lelit and Quaha are the same machine with different badges.

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by saeco_user View Post
    Thanks. The Lelit and Quaha are the same machine with different badges.
    In the same way that a 20YO Commodore and a current one are the same. You need only try to repair a Quaha/Mokita/Nemox from the current Lelit parts inventory to become aware that there are a host of subtle differences to part anatomy. Some tasks become a time consuming exercise in frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    In the same way that a 20YO Commodore and a current one are the same. You need only try to repair a Quaha/Mokita/Nemox from the current Lelit parts inventory to become aware that there are a host of subtle differences to part anatomy. Some tasks become a time consuming exercise in frustration.
    Yeah that's what I meant. An upgrade from a Quaha Junior to a Lelit is still an upgrade. Kind of in the same way that moving from a Silvia V1 to Silvia V4 is an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    In the same way that a 20YO Commodore and a current one are the same.
    When I wrote that I was assuming an older Imat / Nemox / Lelit / Quaha which I thought all came out of the same factory.
    I hadn't looked at the newer Lelit range.
    However I would still argue, that where a new car has a very significant performance improvement over a 20 year old one, my Quaha (with three-way solenoid, well maintained, seals replaced etc) would have very similar performance to a current single Boiler Lelit (no PID).
    Taan
    Dimal likes this.