Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By Ovets

Thread: Saeco Magic Delux problems

Saeco Magic Delux problems

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All hope this is the right area to post in, I am a newbie to all this. I got my Saeco magic out of storage and had to get a new water container as someone broke it, and now the new one leaks, I have ordered a new seal , will see how that goes hopefully it will fix it, are there any tricks to this area. My other problem is the ground beans light is on and the machine won't go at all. I have it in bits and checked all the micro switches with the multimeter and all are working. The printed circuit board looks fine under magnification but thats as far as I have got. Could anyone give me directions as to where to look and what may need fixing. The machine has made about 100 cups max since new. Thanks in advance guys.

Is the grinder full of old beans (whole and/ground); check the exit chute - they get blocked with grounds and no coffee can fill the brew unit piston chamber.

No its not blocked, have pulled that down and checked it, its all clean and checked the microswitch there too thats working.
    The machine was going fine before I stored it so its a bit of a mystery.

Ovets,
    I've had a number of Saeco machines ,all similar to your magic and all refused to operate,just made a noise and stopped with red light on!!
    Every single machine simply needed a full disassembly of the brew group assembly,clean and reassemble.
    I have found Paw Paw cream (red container) a excellent lubricant for the brew part and as it's totally food safe ,safe to use anywhere.
    The fact that it worked fine before being packed away would suggest it is something straight forward,hopefully.(good luck)
    Cheers,
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mulquemi View Post
    I have found Paw Paw cream (red container) a excellent lubricant for the brew part
    Certainly sounds good enough to eat, but unfortunately it isn't... Contains Petroleum Jelly which isn't meant to be ingested. It's intended to be used topically. MSDS here...
    qsmart.net.au/msds_pdf/PetroleumJelly.pdf
    Would be better to use genuine Food Grade lubricant (very sparingly) such as this one from one of our Site Sponsors...
    Food grade silicon grease | Talk Coffee

Extract from manufacturer's page...
    A quality product requires quality ingredients.

Carica Papaya 39mg/g Fresh Fermented Fruit

The papaya used in Lucas' Papaw Ointment is Queensland grown fresh fruit.

ingredients-1The fruit is received fresh to our factory in Brisbane where we ferment it under strictly controlled conditions. Every item of fruit we use is hand selected. Once the fruit is fermented to just the right level we can use it to make the ointment. The finished product contains 0.1mg/g of Potassium Sorbate which acts as a preservative.

divider-halfcontent

Base - Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax

Our product does not contain polyplasdone, polyvinylpyrrolidone, talc, shellac, palm oil, glycerin or sodium lauryl sulphate.

ingredients-3The base used in Lucas' Papaw Ointment meets the purity and safety standards of the United States FDA and the European Pharmacopeia.

It is a pharmaceutical grade base that is tested and screened for the level of total polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Penreco USP grade Petrolatums are not mutagenic or toxic to reproduction.

Every delivery we receive is certified to confirm its safety and quality.

divider-halfcontent

Gum Balsam Peru

A minute amount of Gum Balsam Peru is used as a perfume in Lucas' Papaw Ointment.
    Mal.
    mulquemi likes this.

Thanks guys, I will be cautious with any lubricant, I read somewhere that the curcuit boards have problems is there any check I can look into to see? I rang Phillips trying to get info and they wanted me to send the whole machine to Qld then phone a guy in South Africa so I gave up on them its impossible to get direct info from them, seems you only get to talk to call center staff. If I could find info on what to check would be a bonus, any ideas there.

G'day Ovets...

I'd run with Mick's suggestion above first, then worry about more complicated possibilities if that doesn't cure the problem. Do the simple things first has always worked for me...

Mal.

Thanks Mal, back to simple it is, will dismantle again and see what happens.
    AL
    Dimal likes this.