Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Javaphile

Thread: Sunbeam EM6910 disassembly instructions

Sunbeam EM6910 disassembly instructions

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, I have to replace the steam pump on an em6910 and clean the lines.
    Does anyone know of a workshop manual or some sort of instruction on how to remove the covers?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harry99 View Post
    Hi, I have to replace the steam pump on an em6910 and clean the lines.
    Does anyone know of a workshop manual or some sort of instruction on how to remove the covers?
    Thanks
    The link is somewhere on this site (i.e. the service manual). Java"love his posts"phile chastised me when I posted it directly (fair enough, I still haven't bothered to look for something I already have).

I presume Mr Google can find it if the CS search function can't.

TampIt

As TampIt suggests, Google "sunbeam em6910 service manual pdf". More diagrams rather than a service manual but I think that's as good as it gets.

Why google for the 6910 Service Manual when it's in the obvious place on here, the Documentation sub-forum of this section. Not that it may do the original poster any good for as MrFreddofrog said it's just parts lists, exploded views, and circuit schematics.

Java "Google what?" phile
    TampIt likes this.
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Hi Harry
    Welcome to the CS forum.
    The first part of the "EM6910 Collar Replacement Guide" document in the Documentation section gives good clear instructions on how to open up the machine, but note that you do not have to remove the top to get to the steam pump.
    Also, a look through the the EM6910 related posts in this 'Midrange' section will give you extra info and pictures on the steam section. Sorry I can't point you straight to a single document with the info you require but once you get the back and side panels off the rest should be fairly obvious.
    Before you go to the trouble of replacing the pump it would pay to make sure it is not the steam switch behind the knob which is at fault and, unless the steam path is totally blocked, there are other ways to descale it without dis-assembling things.
    Good luck with it,
    Trev