Thread: Auto start Breville BES920 using external timer

Auto start Breville BES920 using external timer

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am aware the machine can turn itself on using a timer. This is great in the morning (when I remember to wake up in time).

However I would also like to be able to turn on my BES920 when on my way home, using a remotely (Internet) activated power strip.

As far as I can tell, when mains power is applied the machine remains in the OFF state.

Is there a way to program it such that when mains power is applied the machine turns ON?

Not particularly fussed if this causes the clock settings to be lost - this system will make the built-in timer redundant. However it would be interesting to see if other settings are maintained (I would expect them to be).

Not sure if there is a built in program but if you have a basic understanding of electric circuits it would be pretty simple to customise the power button.

Warning, obviously power and water don't mix so do at own risk.

Warranty would most likely be voided if you modified the machine for that. And warranty seems to be very important with the amount of break downs you hear. (And I know they're subjective to the care and maintenance of the owner)

Also because the bes920 has such a quick warm up, you probably wouldn't need to have it pre warmed for your arrival home.