Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey all, have a very strict budget of $1000 for a new machine. Currently running an em6910 with a k3 touch. I'm just really torn between waiting for boxing day specials and snagging a breville bes920 or getting a sexy second hand hx.

Not really sure if I want another appliance with a life expectancy of a few years or gambling on a second hand machine without a warranty. Causing me more stress than I'd like to admit 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Owlee View Post
    Hey all, have a very strict budget of $1000 for a new machine. Currently running an em6910 with a k3 touch. I'm just really torn between waiting for boxing day specials and snagging a breville bes920 or getting a sexy second hand hx.

Not really sure if I want another appliance with a life expectancy of a few years or gambling on a second hand machine without a warranty. Causing me more stress than I'd like to admit 
    I'd go for a new Sunbeam. Only just replaced my 6910 after almost 7 years of fairly heavy use and almost no problems at all.

I replaced it with... a secondhand 6910.

At the end of the day, what do you need the machine for (self/family/work/business) and is it really a limiting factor in the production or enjoyment of the coffee?

- boingk

More for quality and consistency than anything. Have had espresso from a giotto with the same grinder. Difference was huge. Been wanting to upgrade since then really

Senior Member tobeanornottobean's Avatar
    well, ive heard pretty good things about the bdb. never used one mind you. but on that money it may well provide the quality you doth seek.