Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mulquemi

Thread: Gaggia Classic Replacement Pump

Gaggia Classic Replacement Pump

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Today the pump in my my 14 year old Gaggia Classic fell silent during it's fourth continuous tank of descaling. No surprises, the fact it has been going for so many years is a testament to how solid these machines are. Only upon removing the pump did I see it labelled a 1 minute duty cycle; I guess I deserved that.

The pump I have removed is an Invensys 65W which doesn't seem to be easily attainable (some stock in UK), so I'm looking at the Fluid-o-tech 1106 70W or the Ulka EX5 45W. I'm leaning towards the 1106 just based upon the wattage and how sturdy it looks in photos. Does anyone have experience with any of these three pumps and their interchangeability?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...WJaMDVCVUpIVHc
    Yours for the cost of postage,will confirm it works tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Mick
    Dimal, Degrees and magnafunk like this.

Great stuff Mick...

Mal.

Degrees,
    Well,I can confirm the pump indeed works,even gave myself an unexpected shower in the process,great pressure outflow!
    I received your PM stating the fuse was identified as OK,righto....... postage of pump will be next ,will need your address information (via pm).
    cheers,
    mick.

Hi Mick, CS is telling me I can't send you any messages because your inbox is full. It appears I may have a cheap version of that pump. Where yours has a thermostat, mine has an empty mounting slot; same manufacturer though. I think I may have included my postal address in one of my earlier messages, just provide me with your paypal address.

Quote Originally Posted by mulquemi View Post
    Degrees,
    Well,I can confirm the pump indeed works,even gave myself an unexpected shower in the process,great pressure outflow!
    I received your PM stating the fuse was identified as OK,righto....... postage of pump will be next ,will need your address information (via pm).
    cheers,
    mick.
    Hi Mick,

Same as above - just tried to send you a PM and received a msg sayin your inbox was full.

Leroy

Leroy & Degrees, In box has been culled, see how you go now.
    Cheers,
    Mick.