Thread: Out with the old... in with the new.

Out with the old... in with the new.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys, I have got an EM6910 which has been a great workhorse over the 9 or so years I've had it. I have replaced the collar.. been repaired a few times and now the steam has stopped.. I am looking to get a new machine and hoping to pay about $1500. Just wondering what the best would be for that price range? I have a breville smart grinder pro to accompany it. I don't want a grinder / machine in one. We would make 2 coffees a day.. sometimes 4, and usually coffee with milk, so steam pressure is important also. I REALLY don't want to spend too much.. but if there is a MASSIVE difference between a $1500 to a $2000 machine (like a vibemme domobar junior) then i'm open to suggestion. Cheers guys!

Quote Originally Posted by stippo View Post
    Hey guys, I have got an EM6910 which has been a great workhorse over the 9 or so years I've had it. I have replaced the collar.. been repaired a few times and now the steam has stopped.. I am looking to get a new machine and hoping to pay about $1500. Just wondering what the best would be for that price range? I have a breville smart grinder pro to accompany it. I don't want a grinder / machine in one. We would make 2 coffees a day.. sometimes 4, and usually coffee with milk, so steam pressure is important also. I REALLY don't want to spend too much.. but if there is a MASSIVE difference between a $1500 to a $2000 machine (like a vibemme domobar junior) then i'm open to suggestion. Cheers guys!

Is the Bes920 a good machine?

Hi, l've done the same step as you , l went for a bdb920 because like you we only drink a couple each a day
    The steam does a nice microfoam , though its not powerful like a domobar , its still good to work with , l don't think it'd be an issue for you

Also l got it with 6 years replacement warranty and intrest free for 5yrs , so l thought why not , that'll see me out to retirement , then l might upgrade , or maybe not , who knows

Oh l use the "pro" grinder in our caravan as well as the "retired" 6910 , l have a couple of ex commercial grinders that l use with the bdb ( got to get around to moving one soon )