Thread: Priming a single boiler LeLit PL041TEM - Am I doing it right?

Priming a single boiler LeLit PL041TEM - Am I doing it right?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

Have just upgraded from my Sunbeam EM6910 that died recently (was getting great results with it with my home roasted beans).

Picked up a single boiler LeLit PL041TEM and am new to the world of the single boiler - and a little nervous about treating it with respect.

I have seen contradicting info on how to prime it and just want to make sure I am on the correct path.

It seems to spurt out water from the Steam wand instantly. Is this how it should work when I prime it?

I have followed information from the great site of the company that I bought it from here in NZ: Espresso.co.nz, which is to set the left hand toggle switch to coffee, open the steam knob and then turn the pump on. However have seen other sites that recommend having the machine off, setting the left toggle switch to Water, set the pump switch to on and then turn on the machine.

Have also seen another site that states you should never set it to coffee toggle on, steam open and pump on.

https://youtu.be/AHM1rvtbK8w

Not sure of your particular version but reprinting after steaming press whatever button makes water come out of the steam wand and leave it running until you get a stream of water coming out. Then I press brew switch to get a bit of water out of the group for good measure.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply artman.

I have been following the instructions I received with the manual for doing this after the steaming:

IMPORTANT: after you have frothed your milk, reopen the steam/hot water knob (4) and position the steam
    switch (13) on hot water, and lift up the pump switch (22). When the water flows out of the steam tube (6),
    close the steam/hot water knob (4) again and at the same time push down the switch (22) and re-position the
    switch (13) on coffee again. Clean carefully the steam/hot water tube (6). This operation is needed in order to
    restore the water circuit inside the machine’s tubes.

Have left a note next to the machine to remind me of this process as I am nervous. I am sure it will become second nature after a while!

Thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by artman View Post
    Not sure of your particular version but reprinting after steaming press whatever button makes water come out of the steam wand and leave it running until you get a stream of water coming out. Then I press brew switch to get a bit of water out of the group for good measure.

Cheers

Priming a single boiler LeLit PL041TEM - Am I doing it right?

Yeah that's fine. I don't own a Lelit, but that's basically the same process as all single boilers such as my old Gaggia Classic. What you're aiming to achieve is a return to brew temperature and a full boiler. So running water through the steam wand until there's no visible steam then turning it off and running a bit of water through the group is the way to go.
    Priming and filling the boiler when you first turn the machine on can just be done by flushing the grouphead, unless there's specific instructions in your manual to do it another way.

Yep after a while it becomes second nature.

Just like running the group when you first turn on to check boiler is primed.

Cheers