Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By magnafunk

Thread: La Pavoni Professional Element Gasket

La Pavoni Professional Element Gasket

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I had planned to spend some of my Sunday replacing all the gaskets in a badly scaled la pav pro that I picked up recently. I had planned to get the gasket kit from Casa Espresso, but ended up getting them off the bay as I needed them delivered express and unfortunately had not heard back from them at the time I was ordering
    Anyway, long story short, I decided to strip it tonight and as luck would have it, I was supplied with an o-ring for the stainless element, but I have the copper element which takes a flat fibre gasket. I was hoping somebody knew the measurements of this gasket and/or a supplier in the northern suburbs or CBD of Melbourne that would have one of these available on a Saturday morning. I start work at 12 and don't really fancy going to Brighton and back in Saturday morning traffic!

I can't help you with your question, but that is one funny avatar.

Rigorous scientific evaluation has confirmed that the product in question is inorganic, having never been grown on a tree. I've been running a campaign to the authorities to require it to be correctly product labelled as "Poison". The public needs to be appropriately warned.

Please join my campaign.

I don't know if you're joking but I find that incredibly hard to believe.

For anyone reading this in the future who may run into the same issue, the size of the gasket is 80mm OD and 65mm ID. I drew up a template and cut it out on paper, checked for a good fit then proceeded to repeat the process on a silicone mat from the $2 shop. It's only been an hour, will report back if it starts leaking in the future.

Just an update on this for those following at home. The silicon gasket started to leak after a couple of weeks, a bit of tightening sorted it.

Started leaking again today, a little more tightening and it's fine again, I was waiting for this to happen so had a new cardboard gasket waiting in the wings which I've now installed.

So if you're in a bind, the home made gasket is a decent stop gap measure, but probably not feasible long term, especially considering its the seal separating the water from the electrics
    coffeechris likes this.