Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By noidle22
  • 1 Post By Kennyboy

Thread: Brasilia Cappuccino hot water spout issue

Brasilia Cappuccino hot water spout issue

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi

I have a single group Brasilia Cappuccino model with a separate hot water spout. When you push the button for hot water, I only get steam coming out of it, no actual water. I can hear the solenoid clicking on and off when you push the button, but only steam exits. Everything else on the machine is working well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

The boiler autofill may have stopped working causing the boiler to gradually empty out. This means there isn't any water left to come out of the hot water tap and you only get steam.

This is bad news and you should stop using the machine immediately as the element will be, or will nearly be, exposed to the air which means imminent failure.

Remove the autofill probe and check it for scale, if there is scale build up on it then that can cause the machine to malfunction.
    Another easy way to see if the autofill is working is to remove the wire on the probe and power the machine up. The pump should kick in pretty much straight away. If it doesn't then your autofill circuit isn't working.
    Dimal likes this.

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look in that area.

Cheers,

Hi
    Thanks so much for the advice, that was the problem. Cleaned the scale off the auto-fill probe and all is working as it should be now, auto-filing and plenty of hot water out of the hot water spout !

Thanks again !
    Dimal likes this.