Thread: Breville BES 920 Vs Nuova Simenolli Oscar 2

Breville BES 920 Vs Nuova Simenolli Oscar 2

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, I would like to get some advise on choosing between 2 combination below.

Breville Bes920 + Smart Grinder Pro
    NS Oscar 2 + Eureka Mignon

For my region, I can get these 2 combination around the same price maybe difference of 50 Dollar.
    The seller of ns oscar 2 told me that the breville bes920 is using thermal block which it is not as good as the oscar 2.

I have watch some video on youtube for bes920 and most of them rating it quite high. Now I'm puzzle which should I get.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    The seller of the Oscar either doesn't know what he is talking about, or is lying. The BES920 is a dual boiler machine, not a 'thermal' block. Both machines perform pretty well at the price point.

I'd want to know about service options in your area.

In terms of the grinders, the Mignon is the better way to go and should last quite a bit longer than the Smart Grinder

Maybe I should consult a more knowledgeable seller.
    I think I will try to survey around and try to get the best deal for the machine.
    Thanks for your reply.

I'd wait for the BES920+grinder combo to go on sale again (usually $10xx), The only advantage of Oscar over BES920 is probably longevity.

the BES920 combo at TGG is priced at $1335. I think its already a bit cheaper than the Oscar.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by symphonie View Post
    I'd wait for the BES920+grinder combo to go on sale again (usually $10xx), The only advantage of Oscar over BES920 is probably longevity.
    ....and longevity is a fairly important criteria to many people. We don't know that the OP is in Australia, so the relative prices, and availability of prompt service are up in the air.