Thread: 51mm filter basket

51mm filter basket

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am looking for a 15g, 51mm filter basket for my La Pavoni preferable from VST or Precision, no sure they make any as such ?

Such a thing does not exist I regret to say. Possibly look at an Electra Microcasa double basket as an alternate option. It supposedly has a different hole arrangement, and is slightly deeper but doesn't fit in all LaPav portafilters. I'll let you Google it and decide!

Yelta may be able to verify that you can fit 15g in pretty easily. I know of another snob who got the Elektra mentioned above, but I think that was for a 49mm pre millennium. Vst & precision ones don't exist, to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by shortblackman View Post
    Yelta may be able to verify that you can fit 15g in pretty easily. I know of another snob who got the Elektra mentioned above, but I think that was for a 49mm pre millennium. Vst & precision ones don't exist, to my knowledge.
    SBM is correct, after a little experimenting with grind you will be able to fit fit 15 grams in the LP basket without a problem, even 16 at a pinch.

Yes, the result is worth upping the dose.