Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By fatboy_1999
  • 2 Post By Brewster
  • 2 Post By CoffeeloverADL

Thread: Huge decision, can't decide Breville Barista Express or Lelit Combi PL042?!

Huge decision, can't decide Breville Barista Express or Lelit Combi PL042?!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Moving from a pod machine to a semi-manual machine. We've had about 10 friends highly recommend the Breville Barista Express but my husband popped into a local coffee machine supplier to have a quick squiz and was impressed by the lelit combi, which was offered at $899.
    Is the $300+ difference between the two worth it? The decision is killing me, haha 😬
    I would appreciate your advice! Thank you 🙂

I would personally go with the Lelit combo if budget affords.
    Both units will do the job, but history indicates the Lelit will last longer if looked after correctly.

Have fun.

Brett.
    Brewster and CoffeeloverADL like this.

+1 for what Brett said.
    As a previous owner of a Breville, they will certainly produce good coffee, but in general, they will not go the distance. I had mine into the service centre twice within the first two years ( and this was a machine that was very well looked after). Also, the after sales service will diminish once the model is superseded.

Which ever way you decide, good luck and enjoy.

Cheers
    Mal
    sam678 and CoffeeloverADL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    +1 for what Brett said.
    As a previous owner of a Breville, they will certainly produce good coffee, but in general, they will not go the distance. I had mine into the service centre twice within the first two years ( and this was a machine that was very well looked after). Also, the after sales service will diminish once the model is superseded.

Which ever way you decide, good luck and enjoy.

Cheers
    Mal
    thank you to both of you for your advice. It is just what I needed ! We will be buying the Lelit tomorrow... and a roaster just opened up close to my house so I'm excited to get started!!!
    Brewster and Dimal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeloverADL View Post
    thank you to both of you for your advice. It is just what I needed ! We will be buying the Lelit tomorrow... and a roaster just opened up close to my house so I'm excited to get started!!!
    Excellent decision. I had a Lelit combi years back that was more than a decade old. I loved it to bits and it taught me all I needed about brewing great coffee. Once I moved on to other machines it was like the fun part was over. You will love the coffee it produces and how easy it is to repeat those results once you have figured out the important details of using a non-hx single boiler. Enjoy buying your new toy

Just wondering if any of the lelit combi owners can advise if the black portafilter handle can be unscrewed? As my new machine won't be here until after Christmas due to delivery delays and I'm wanting to order a timber handle to replace the black one