Thread: Sunbeam EM6910 - Water leaking from Steam knob

Sunbeam EM6910 - Water leaking from Steam knob

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Sunbeam EM6910 - Water leaking from Steam knob

My EM6910 is really becoming a real pain with many recent faults. Yesterday it began leaking water from the steam knob each time the steam is on. What is likely to have failed? How do i fix this or what needs replacing?

Hi dcc236
    Looks like you are having a hard time with that machine.
    How did you get on with the other faults?
    Anyway, in regard to the steam leak, I had a dig through my spare parts box and found what I am pretty sure is a 6910 steam tap. Mind you, it could be a 6900 one but it will be similar.
    I have taken some photos so you can see how it comes apart. There are a couple of 'O' rings which are probably worn and causing the problem. Most auto parts stores carry an assortment of 'O' rings so if you take the shaft in you should be able to find some that fit.
    You can get to the shaft by pulling the stem knob off and then removing the p/h screw in the centre of the plastic plate underneath. Keep in mind that the screw may be rusted in and you may need to drill the head off ( I had to do this with the one pictured - you can see the remains sticking out from the end of the shaft).
    The plate should then slide off the splined shaft and the nut underneath can be undone to extract the shaft - just take careful note of how it all fits together so it can be replaced the same way as the plate acts as a cam to operate the steam microswitch at the right position.
    From memory, the top cover of the machine does not have to be removed but you may have to remove the bezel around the knob - there is a fixing screw accessible from the under-side of it.
    DSCF5395.jpgDSCF5396.jpgDSCF5397.jpg

Awesome thanks.

Got all other items sorted, this is my last known issue. Wife has not been happy not to have a working machine over the Christmas period.