Thread: EM6910 extremely loud, not pumping water, need advice on combining 2 machines

EM6910 extremely loud, not pumping water, need advice on combining 2 machines

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Apologies,
    there are hundreds of threads on the site about these machines not working but I couldn't find one that matched my problem.

Here we go -
    I have an 8 year old em6910 that has had a new steam pump installed by yours truly. Recently, it stopped working. When the machine is turned it starts making that pumping sound it makes when you turn either the steam or hot water on, but doesn't actually do anything just makes the sound. Turning the hot water tap on just makes the sound heaps louder, far louder than it should but no water comes out. Same with the brew head - no water and loud sounds. Steam does come out but it's also loud, if I turn on the steam and water it makes a loud constant noise and sounds like it will explode. EDIT: Seems to be working ok now, but still want to try and get the newer machine working again.

So it seems like this machine is fairly buggered. That's not the end of the world because my folks gave me basically the same model (just a newer version) that has what I think is a busted triac. It starts pumping water as soon as you plug it in, even before it's turned on.

So my plan is to use the old machine to fix the newer one. Can anyone give me some advice? I've replaced the steam pump before so know how to get into the machine, but any repairs or changing parts I really need picture instructions to guide me.

Also, I hear people constantly warning people about opening 240v appliances and just want to ask about that. I obviously take it apart when it's not plugged in and just want to check with people if there's any risk in doing that?

Thanks in advance people!!

Luke

crazyhakins,
    Hello there,sorry about your machine making funny noises,forgive me for stating an obvious reason!! Have you confirmed the water tank is connected correctly to the water connector?
    The noise described sounds like a fault with the water connection fitting especially as you aren't getting water out the group.
    Can you check for correct water drawing through to confirm this (side open and under power...careful with the exposed power).
    More explanation please.
    Kind Regards,
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mulquemi View Post
    crazyhakins,
    Hello there,sorry about your machine making funny noises,forgive me for stating an obvious reason!! Have you confirmed the water tank is connected correctly to the water connector?
    The noise described sounds like a fault with the water connection fitting especially as you aren't getting water out the group.
    Can you check for correct water drawing through to confirm this (side open and under power...careful with the exposed power).
    More explanation please.
    Kind Regards,
    Mick.
    Hi Mick,

Yep, I think that's what the issue was. It hadn't been used in a long time and just took a while for the water to get through. It is still making a light pumping noise even when not being used but it doesn't create any major issues.

Still wondering how to fix the other machine.