Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can you ID this machine??

Can you ID this machine??

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Trying to work out what this machine is, there's no identifying marks, other than the Orman Pressure Gauge, and the fact that the E61 Group head is on the left hand side.
    From little knowledge I have, Gaggia uses Orman on there machines, but haven't been able to confirm this machine is from Gaggia. Any help is appreciated..

http://imgur.com/wPy2x3v

Cheers
    Last edited by Bob129; 26th May 2017 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Pic link broken

Photo link is broken but works if you right click and open in new tab.

Quote Originally Posted by geebee666 View Post
    Photo link is broken but works if you right click and open in new tab.
    Apologies for that, have edited and added a direct link. Wasn't sure how to upload the pic so it would appear in the post, and obviously failed at that! Haha.

Looks like a coffee maker

Wouldn't pay 850 if I had no idea what it is

Which is why I'm on here trying to find out what it is! The seller reckons there's no labelling anywhere on the machine, which I think seems weird, but figured it wouldn't hurt to see if the experts had any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Bob129 View Post
    Which is why I'm on here trying to find out what it is! The seller reckons there's no labelling anywhere on the machine, which I think seems weird, but figured it wouldn't hurt to see if the experts had any ideas
    This is just a guess, but I reckon it's probably a brand that is now part of the Quality Espresso group. This is a Spanish company that now owns Futurmat, Visacrem, Italcrem, Ruby, Cunill and Gaggia (the Spanish version of Gaggia that is). It probably doesn't really matter exactly what it is, but knowing where it was made and it's age would be good. But how well it's been looked after is more important.
    If it is indeed one of these brands there'll be an ID plate on it somewhere, but it could be on the inside and you'd only see it if you removed a panel. If I'm right then it'll be a basic, but fairly well built workhorse. Not flashy, but definitely capable. It's current condition is the most important thing to know. If it's in good knick then somewhere between $500-900 is the range I'd be willing to pay.

Thanks for response LeRoyC. I've had it suggested that it might be by Profitec too, but I haven't been able to confirm this by any amount of google searching! Think I might let this one go, as I'm also looking at a couple of Rancilio S24's and an Expobar, both of which have a well known brand attached to them, which in turn, means finding spare parts etc will be alot easier. Thanks for the input guys