Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Help! Breville*BES920 Dual Boiler*won't produce steam after descale

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ok! Job done! I detailed it thoroughly here:
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-equipment-pointy-end-1500-3000/51971-breville-oracle-bes980xl-thermal-fuse-replacement-detailed-disassembly.html#post652480

Put it all back together and tested this morning. The failure of the steam boiler to fill must have been related to the thermal fuse being blown. It filled right up when I turned it on this morning. Made 2 nice lattes!

Have a small leak at the heat exchange tube at the brew boiler, but will fix that tonight. Also just need to zip tie off 2 tubes in the bottom area that I detached, and can pack the bottom back up. Should be good to go and I hope not to open this thing again for a very long time.
    Last edited by littleyip; 25th May 2019 at 03:35 AM.

i have now blown the Thermal fuse three times on my 920. The first after a descale, the 2nd time straight after replacing the 1st thermal fuse and putting it back together (later finding a tear in the waterline feeding the pump which just sucked air into the pumps). The 3rd time i'm just at a loss. I pre-filled the steam boiler with water to about 50%, steam pump just kept going and didn't turn off and the drip tray was full of water and then the fuse blew again (i was really pissed). I thought the descale drain vales must have been left open but nope, closed solid. I'm really considering buying a resettable thermal fuse and giving it a go. I'm getting really good at pulling out and reinstalling the steam boiler now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12