Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Chloe77
  • 1 Post By SpiceBean
  • 2 Post By magnafunk
  • 1 Post By Yelta
  • 1 Post By Magic_Matt

Thread: Where do you buy your coffee beans in Melbourne?

Where do you buy your coffee beans in Melbourne?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Part of my research into buying an espresso machine is knowing where to buy beans.

I prefer strong coffee. I would describe my taste as traditional Italian (if there's such a thing!)

I don't like some of the coffees that are served at some of the inner city trendy cafes as to me they taste flowery and not strong enough.
    I've enjoyed Jasper coffee at chadstone and when made well by a good barista that's consistent, I have liked Toby's estate,Coffico, Grinders and Vittoria. I know these brands aren't highly regarded here!
    I just like good strong coffee that doesn't take like lavender!!
    Last edited by Chloe77; 25th July 2017 at 10:24 PM.
    SpiceBean likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe77 View Post
    Part of my research into buying an espresso machine is knowing where to buy beans.

I prefer strong coffee. I ms describe my taste as traditional Italian (if there's such a thing!)

i dont Int like some of the coffees that are served at some of the inner city trendy cafes as to me they taste flowery and not strong enough.
    I've enjoyed jasper coffee at chadstone and when made well by a good barista that's consistent, I have liked Toby's estate,Coffico, Grinders and Vittoria. I know these brands aren't highly regarded here!
    Hi Chloe, I understand your coffee tastes. I have a coffee called 'Como Blend' which can be described as traditional Italian, it has tones of caramel, chocolate and liquorice. I can give you a free 250g sample if you like, let me know and I can post it or you can pick it up depending on where you are located. I also have some of those 'inner city' coffees too as everyone has different tastes as you have just mentioned .
    https://spicebean.com.au

Also you can purchase from beanbay on this website, Andy is great and can help you also.

Mike
    Last edited by SpiceBean; 26th July 2017 at 05:01 PM.
    magnafunk likes this.

Can't go wrong with buying from the bean bay mate and you'll know it's fresh. Have a crack of the Espresso Wow http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx/161-espresso-wow-
    coffeechris and SpiceBean like this.

Morning Chloe,

Your taste sounds to be very similar to mine, some of the darker roasts should meet your requirements.

Andy at Coffee Snobs has an excellent reputation for quality, freshness, fair prices and prompt delivery, why not try one of these sample packs. CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay - Roasted Coffee - Roasted Sample Pack

Bit of trial and error involved, all part of the enjoyment.
    SpiceBean likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiceBean View Post
    Hi Chloe, I understand your coffee tastes. I have a coffee called 'Como Blend' which can be described as traditional Italian, it has tones of caramel, chocolate and liquorice. I can give you a free 250g sample if you like, let me know and I can post it or you can pick it up depending on where you are located. I also have some of those 'inner city' coffees too as everyone has different tastes as you have just mentioned .

http://spicbean.com.au

Also you can purchase from beanbay on this website, Andy is great and can help you also.

Mike
    I tried checking out your site, but there's a typo in the URL.

Try adding the e in spice. http://spicebean.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by flatwhite View Post
    I tried checking out your site, but there's a typo in the URL.
    Ok thanks I will fix it.

The Link is now fixed guys, sorry about that! The Como Blend is new so it will be on the website very shortly if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe77 View Post

I prefer strong coffee. I would describe my taste as traditional Italian (if there's such a thing!)

I don't like some of the coffees that are served at some of the inner city trendy cafes as to me they taste flowery and not strong enough.
    I've enjoyed Jasper coffee at chadstone and when made well by a good barista that's consistent, I have liked Toby's estate,Coffico, Grinders and Vittoria. I know these brands aren't highly regarded here!
    G'day Chloe,

A couple of my favourites for milk drinks are Wood & Co's Twin Peaks, Code Black's 3056 blend and Wide Open Road's Shady Lane (though I prefer their Bathysphere blend, it's a little less up-front).

All are full-bodied and quite 'traditional' flavour profiles compared to your typical Melbourne lighter roast from say Market Lane or Seven Seeds.

I think there are now a couple of Campos franchises in Melbourne, you'd more than likely find something to your liking there; from memory they have two darker roasted blends in addition to their "Superior blend".
    Chloe77 likes this.